Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Hate Mail

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hate Mail
 Login/Join

posted
Whenever someone posts a "This Place Blows Nugget" thread, the best we can do is simply not reply. I'm always tempted to say something like "Go back to your Clive Cussler books", but isn't that what they're hoping for? To dissmiss them and leave them wallowing in their own insignificance is far better than acknowlegding their sorry existence.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 04-22-2004).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree--It's tempting to blast back at them, but it's probably better to just give absolutely no reply at all. That way, their post quickly drops to the bottom, into oblivion.

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 04-22-2004).]

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please, what does it mean "blows the nugget"? (for those who is not good in English)

Posts: 105 | Location: orenburg, russian federation | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Defining the term, as close as I could, would be a nose-blowing reference. ("Dug for the nuggets" means picking the nose, so "Blows the nugget" presumably means blowing the nose. I do think "blows" is related to a few worse terms we won't go into here.)

Don't even wait for the post to be pushed down--as I've said before, if you'll just leave it I'll delete it next time I'm here, which I usually am twice a day. Replying to it raises the unfortunate possibility of endowing the thread with "redeeming social value," in which case, if I choose to delete the entire topic, any worthwhile replies are lost. The other option is to delete the offensive parts, then delete all reference to the offensive parts. This not only requires a good deal of editing (I have not yet gotten to reading the entire "Mars" thread and deciding what is "in" and what is "out," and don't know when I will, so some offensive remarks remain) but it has the tendency to make people angry when their golden words of wisdom are removed, even if those words were posted in response to sentiments which no longer exist, and are therefore totally irrelevant.

I would say replying to hate mail is a no-win situation.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- CHICKEN NUGGETS -

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
err, i have a confession to make. i have told someone to "go suck a lemon" who posted stuff here. I AM SORRY!

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The meaning and consequences of "go suck a lemon" are clear enough, but of what significance is "blows the nugget" to chicken nuggets? I assume it doesn't mean blowing on a too-hot nugget to cool it, but refers to vomiting? Specifically (to get more graphic) vomiting an object in more or less original form as undigestible?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a l l :

Hmm ! You would think that the following link would explain everything... but it doesn't explain 'nuggets'... Which would suggest perhaps this is not a ''legitimate'' slang term....
http://home.t-online.de/home/toni.goeller/idiom_wm/

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't come up with "Blows Nugget" myself, as much as I'd like to take credit for it. It came from an actual hate mail thread posted only a few days ago, since deleted.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 04-23-2004).]

posted Hide Post
Oh boy, did anyone catch that tirade just posted on Ray's Legacy? That one takes the cake.

posted Hide Post
Yes! A 7.0 on the Vulgar-Richter Scale.

Scalding hot water, 2 cups of bleach, a cup of abrasive cleanser, a pair of heavy rubber gloves and a steel scrub brush would get the words cleaned up. However, this the unfortunate part, the individual will still be functioning with the same brain.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seen it, been there, done that.