Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury in Comic-Con

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury in Comic-Con
 Login/Join

posted
Yestersay, Ray Bradbury introduced the trailer of "A Sound of Thunder" in Comic-Con.

Today, there is other activation. (I hope someone can ask him some questions for "A Sound of Thunder", especially about CGI in the movie........)
http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCI04-ProgSat.html
3:00-4:00 Spotlight on Ray Bradbury�XCatch up with the world's most acclaimed author of science fiction and fantasy (The Martian Chronicles, Fahrenheit 451, Something Wicked This Way Comes), as Ray Bradbury honors us with an hour of his time and discusses his past, your present, and everyone's future. Bradbury was one of the guests at the first San Diego Comic-Con back in 1970. Mark Evanier will be asking the questions.
Room 6AB

[This message has been edited by marychan41 (edited 07-24-2004).]

Posts: 13 | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw Mr. Bradbury live for the first time at the San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday July 24, 2004 and was very impressed. He received two standing ovations.

Near the beginning of the interview, Mr. Bradbury started to say something about Michael Moore and the interviewer (Mark Evanier) said, we'll talk about that later (I don't think Mark meant anything by the remark, I think he just had a list of questions for Mr. Bradbury that he wanted to go through). The entire audience let out a loud booo. Mark then said, let's talk about Michael Moore now. After that, Mark didn't try telling Mr. Bradbury what he could talk about and when he could talk about it. Don't get me wrong, Mark did a very good job interviewing Mr. Bradbury and I felt he showed the respect that Mr. Bradbury deserves (other than that minor slip).

Unfortunately Mr. Bradbury wasn't signing, so I didn't get the chance to speak to him and let him know how much I enjoyed his interview.

I've never brought a video recorder or audio recorder to the various panels at the Comic Con, but certainly wished I had for that interview.

I'm hoping that someone who recorded this interview would be willing to share.

I'm also interested in suggestions on how to get copies of other interviews that Mr. Bradbury has given and which ones are particulary good.

Any help would be appreciated.

---------------------------------
Just so that this forum doesn't get off track with a Michael Moore vs. Ray Bradbury debate, all that Mr. Bradbury had to say at this interview was that he had called Michael Moore six months ago and was waiting for a call back. That was it.

[This message has been edited by beowulf (edited 07-29-2004).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a dupe post. I gave information on a new book of RB interviews on your other post.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
This is a dupe post.

WHY?

Posts: 13 | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dupe = duplicate. The same post appears elsewhere on another thread, where Mr Dark has already given a reply.

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post