Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Barnes and Noble Classic Edition Release.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes and Noble Classic Edition Release.
 Login/Join

posted
Ray Bradbury Collection; The Martian Chronicles/The Illustrated Man/The Golden Apples of the Sun; Leatherbound Classics Edition. Ths is ALL three in one leather bound edition. I got my Xmas shopping list...

Available April 18th, not sure of the price yet, but most of these are priced at $20

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageBNTrilogy.jpg (13 Kb, 13 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Ray Bradbury Collection; The Martian Chronicles/The Illustrated Man/The Golden Apples of the Sun; Leatherbound Classics Edition. Ths is ALL three in one leather bound edition. I got my Xmas shopping list...

Available April 18th, not sure of the price yet, but most of these are priced at $20

B&N released the book earlier than expected. I went to my local B&N today. Some bastard bought all their copies...me. Wink

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Just sent an email reservation to the local B&N moment ago.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, since you have a copy (x10), could you take a look at the text of MARTIAN CHRONICLES in this edition, and tell us which version of the book it is? (In the 1990s, RB moved all the dates in the book forward, because the real-life calendar was catching up with the fictional chronology of the Chronicles.)

(Also: which of the following stories does this version contain?

Usher II
The Fire Balloons
The Wilderness
Way in the Middle of the Air

Just a litte homework for you there... Big Grin )

Oh, and does this version of GOLDEN APPLES include the Mugnaini line drawings for each story?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Just a litte homework for you there... Big Grin )

That'll learn you to announce your purchase!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And made all the more special by the fact that Ray's daughter Susan sold it to me. Purchased this afternoon at B&N Westlake Village.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
jkt, since you have a copy (x10), could you take a look at the text of MARTIAN CHRONICLES in this edition, and tell us which version of the book it is? (In the 1990s, RB moved all the dates in the book forward, because the real-life calendar was catching up with the fictional chronology of the Chronicles.)

(Also: which of the following stories does this version contain?

Usher II
The Fire Balloons
The Wilderness
Way in the Middle of the Air

Blast! My favourite story isn't in there!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, and does this version of GOLDEN APPLES include the Mugnaini line drawings for each story?

Not a one!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I think I will have to buy a copy just to have that beautiful cover.

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've not broken the shrink wrap on any of mine yet.

Now if I could only apply that will power to eating...

posted Hide Post
jkt- LOL!

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Doug, for the fulsome answer to all my questions. Shame about the lack of Mugnaini; it's not Golden Apples without Joe.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a good book day!

Picked up the Barnes and Noble special Ray edition. Was tempted by the B&N specials of H.G. Wells and Dracula. They all have lovely illustrated leather covers.

When I got home Dawn to Dusk was waiting in the mail box! Wow, What a beautiful book and box!
Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PatR:
Picked up the Barnes and Noble special Ray edition. Was tempted by the B&N specials of H.G. Wells and Dracula. They all have lovely illustrated leather covers.

I also have the Dracula from B&N, as well as the Frankenstein.

Fulsome is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Wonder how late BN is open tonight, I want one!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post