Ray Bradbury Forums
Barnes and Noble Classic Edition Release.

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/5407035895

22 March 2011, 04:34 PM
jkt
Barnes and Noble Classic Edition Release.
Ray Bradbury Collection; The Martian Chronicles/The Illustrated Man/The Golden Apples of the Sun; Leatherbound Classics Edition. Ths is ALL three in one leather bound edition. I got my Xmas shopping list...

Available April 18th, not sure of the price yet, but most of these are priced at $20

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
17 April 2011, 06:12 PM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Ray Bradbury Collection; The Martian Chronicles/The Illustrated Man/The Golden Apples of the Sun; Leatherbound Classics Edition. Ths is ALL three in one leather bound edition. I got my Xmas shopping list...

Available April 18th, not sure of the price yet, but most of these are priced at $20

B&N released the book earlier than expected. I went to my local B&N today. Some bastard bought all their copies...me. Wink
17 April 2011, 06:43 PM
Linnl
Wow. Just sent an email reservation to the local B&N moment ago.
18 April 2011, 12:16 AM
philnic
jkt, since you have a copy (x10), could you take a look at the text of MARTIAN CHRONICLES in this edition, and tell us which version of the book it is? (In the 1990s, RB moved all the dates in the book forward, because the real-life calendar was catching up with the fictional chronology of the Chronicles.)

(Also: which of the following stories does this version contain?

Usher II
The Fire Balloons
The Wilderness
Way in the Middle of the Air

Just a litte homework for you there... Big Grin )

Oh, and does this version of GOLDEN APPLES include the Mugnaini line drawings for each story?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
18 April 2011, 06:46 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Just a litte homework for you there... Big Grin )

That'll learn you to announce your purchase!

"Live Forever!"
18 April 2011, 08:33 PM
Doug Spaulding
And made all the more special by the fact that Ray's daughter Susan sold it to me. Purchased this afternoon at B&N Westlake Village.

"Live Forever!"
18 April 2011, 08:39 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
jkt, since you have a copy (x10), could you take a look at the text of MARTIAN CHRONICLES in this edition, and tell us which version of the book it is? (In the 1990s, RB moved all the dates in the book forward, because the real-life calendar was catching up with the fictional chronology of the Chronicles.)

(Also: which of the following stories does this version contain?

Usher II
The Fire Balloons
The Wilderness
Way in the Middle of the Air

Blast! My favourite story isn't in there!

"Live Forever!"
18 April 2011, 08:41 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Oh, and does this version of GOLDEN APPLES include the Mugnaini line drawings for each story?

Not a one!

"Live Forever!"
19 April 2011, 05:44 PM
PatR
I think I will have to buy a copy just to have that beautiful cover.
19 April 2011, 07:56 PM
jkt
I've not broken the shrink wrap on any of mine yet.

Now if I could only apply that will power to eating...
20 April 2011, 04:28 AM
PatR
jkt- LOL!
20 April 2011, 09:41 AM
philnic
Thanks, Doug, for the fulsome answer to all my questions. Shame about the lack of Mugnaini; it's not Golden Apples without Joe.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
20 April 2011, 04:31 PM
PatR
It was a good book day!

Picked up the Barnes and Noble special Ray edition. Was tempted by the B&N specials of H.G. Wells and Dracula. They all have lovely illustrated leather covers.

When I got home Dawn to Dusk was waiting in the mail box! Wow, What a beautiful book and box!
Big Grin
20 April 2011, 09:35 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by PatR:
Picked up the Barnes and Noble special Ray edition. Was tempted by the B&N specials of H.G. Wells and Dracula. They all have lovely illustrated leather covers.

I also have the Dracula from B&N, as well as the Frankenstein.

Fulsome is a good word.

"Live Forever!"
21 April 2011, 07:28 PM
fanboy
Wonder how late BN is open tonight, I want one!