Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Treasured Ray Books
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treasured Ray Books
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I was going to ask if you still had it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whew. I was hoping you meant The Very Virile Viking, instead of a Norseman going around spreading tuberculosis or something!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug and BralingII, I feel so much more learned now.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sir.
We endeavor to give satisfaction, sir.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank YOU, and thank you for taking a mere six minutes to respond.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several treasured RB volumes.
The metal-bound F.451, signed by Ray, with superb colour Joe Mugnaini illustrations, would have to be the most prized book in my collection.
There is also a Joe M.-illustrated edition of MARTIAN CHRONICLES on my shelf.
Some others:
A movie tie-in paperback of F.451.
The fantastic Gauntlet re-issue of DARK CARNIVAL.
Dec.'43 Astounding Science Fiction (with 'Doodad'); a $4 bargain!
I love my RB collection, the unique editions etc., but have to agree with philnic that the real treasure is on the pages, no matter what the binding is or what edition it is.

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a collection oz, nice. I agree with that statement too!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Elephats Last,I cried the whole time Mr. B signed it

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post