Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Moody Blues Connection??

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Moody Blues Connection??
 Login/Join

posted
I am more a fan of music than reading. However, when I read, I read Bradbury.

I have long connected the feeling and atmosphere conjured by reading "Dandelion Wine" with the Moody Blues alblum "Days of Future Passed".

In particular, the beginning and ending of "Dandelion Wine", when Douglas watches the town as it awakes (at the beginning of summer) and collectively sleeps (at the end of summer).

Has anyone else made this (or a similar connection), or is it only me?

Posts: 31 | Location: Newbury Park, CA, USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are several threads and posts on this site dealing with this topic; people have discussed links between RB stories and Elton John ("Rocketman"), Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins. Interesting.

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was riding in a cab and the driver was playing a tape with music and narration. I think the music was by the Moody Blues, but I don't remember who the narrator was. It seemed to be some sort of invasion-of-Earth adventure, possibly the H. G. Wells story, the name of which escapes me at the moment. Or maybe it was something by Ray Bradbury. Anyway, he was influenced by H. G. Wells, so maybe there is a connection in a common influence.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was a musical rendition of War of the Worlds. It followed rather closely with the plot and added long musical interludes throughout. I actually had a copy of this on tape and just last week retaped over it.

Strangely enough (!!!!!) it was some of the collection from Mr. Bradbury's Golden Apples of the Sun that replaced the music - that's the truth!

I had not even thought about the music for years and the tape was unmarked as a student had recorded it for my some time ago. I heard some of it as I was cueing up the tape.

It was somewhat interesting to listen to (as I remember) but became a bit tedious after some prolonged listening.

Just found this: "War Of Worlds" http://www.moodyblues.co.uk/frames10.htm

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 06-17-2002).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post