Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury film event - Spring 2015
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury film event - Spring 2015
 Login/Join

posted
I'm pleased to announce - now that it's official - that I have been working with Indiana University Cinema and the Center for Ray Bradbury Studies on a film event showcasing Ray Bradbury on screen.

In March 2015 in Bloomington, Indiana, there will be a week of screenings and panel discussions which will include a unique pairing:

Francois Truffaut's 1966 film version of FAHRENHEIT 451, screening alongside (for the first time anywhere) "A Sound of Different Drummers", a live TV drama from the 1950s directed by John Frankenheimer. "Drummers" was an UNauthorised adaptation of FAHRENHEIT, which resulted in Ray Bradbury suing CBS Television for breach of copyright. (He won.)

The events culminate with another great pairing: MOBY DICK (John Huston, 1956) and SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES (Jack Clayton, 1983) - both from screenplays by Bradbury.

Other special items in the programme include IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE being screened in its original 3D format, and various short subjects including ICARUS MONTGOLFIER WRIGHT.

Full details of the Bradbury events are in the new IU Cinema Spring program book: https://flipflashpages.uniflip...43891/pub/html5.html

If you can possibly get there, please come along. I'll be there, and so will Jon Eller, Ray's literary biographer. Nearest airport: Indianapolis.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone care to make this event the next meeting of the Bradbury Board?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love to if I could!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Anyone care to make this event the next meeting of the Bradbury Board?

What is the Bradbury Board?

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Members here, or at least the real, genuine, sincere ones.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djmonolith:

THIS is the Bradbury Board!

WE are the Bradbury Board!

A few years ago, a very small handful of us met at a conference in California. A year or two after that, another very small (but differently consituted) handful met for Ray's 90th birthday party, also in California.

Join me in Indiana for the film screenings, and we can declare it the latest meeting of the Board!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
The Bradbury film event now has a Facebook page. You should be able to view it regardless of whether you have a Facebook account:

https://www.facebook.com/events/626075250871892

...and you will find it has a convenient link to the ticketing for the event. (The screenings are free, but must be booked in advance.)

If you ARE a Facebook user, you can also indicate on the page whether you plan to come to the event.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:

There are many and they're being ripped apart by Thom Mayne and thrown into a dumpster. Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
If you ARE a Facebook user, you can also indicate on the page whether you plan to come to the event.

I checked "going" meaning I will if I can.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

There are many and they're being ripped apart by Thom Maybe and thrown into a dumpster. Confused

Oh, where is the "Like" button on this board?

posted Hide Post
Time for a quick reminder about the Ray Bradbury film event FROM SCIENCE TO THE SUPERNATURAL, which starts NEXT WEEK!

I'm flying out to Indiana this weekend, and from Tuesday 24th March onwards I shall be co-hosting the screenings with Jon Eller.

All events are completely free, but tickets must be obtained.

Full schedule with links to ticketing information here: http://www.cinema.indiana.edu/...t_type=series&p=8874

Come one, come all. Roll up! Roll up!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Onward is a good word!

The magical mystery tour, indeed!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Starts tonight!

Get your tickets and I'll see you there!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Sorry I couldn't make it and hope all goes the very best!!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Sorry I couldn't make it and hope all goes the very best!!!

Thanks, dandy. The opening night went very well. A hundred people in the auditorium, which is pretty good for a rainy Tuesday night. We're expecting a bigger crowd on Thursday, for IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE in 3D. I'm told 140 tickets have already been allocated, and more people will just turn up on spec.

- Phil