Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Have Ray's views changed?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have Ray's views changed?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
such*

Posts: 2 | Location: Columbus, Oh U.S | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been going to post details of my May 1 conversation with Ray, and this seems to be the place for this part of it. I told him that people on the Message Board were arguing as to his views regarding the controversial subjects of abortion and capital punishment, and that no one seemed to have found a quote from him concerning these in any article or interview. He said that was right, because "I don't answer that sort of question. Other people have their opinions and I have mine. I have more important things to do," and listed his latest upcoming projects.

SO CONGRATULATIONS, you guys! You actually found questions Ray WON'T answer! Nard and I seem to have discovered some subjects he evades--but this is the first direct refusal to answer I've encountered.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Honestly I don't think that this was any kind of attack on Bradbury, just cause someone is willing to hear both sides doesn't mean they are trying to argue against you, as this states, we are just "trying to better understand the person behind the writings, and if you all are suck great Bradbury fans then you would chill out and realize that this wasn't an attack, just a question,"

This all sounds very nice and sweet, but he was called a right wing wacko and that his views are out of touch with reality.

How is that not an attack? How is that trying to better understand the person behind the writings. I'm all for discussion about the man, his views, his writing. But when it degrades into one-sided personal attacks, we're no longer being honest about what we're doing.

Since Dandelion has talked to him about these two views, and he's said he doesn't answer questions on them, we are, at best, speculating.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess that is why I haven't been able to find much on his point of view. The original question was indeed a question. I didn't know. Now I know he's not very politicized (at least not in the conventional way). Very good. Politics is boring.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post