Ray Bradbury Forums
Help With a Critical View

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/5331075372

03 October 2004, 01:39 PM
makru
Help With a Critical View
Hi everybody. I'm hard pressed to find a Critical Essay/Analysis concerning Mr. Bradbury or The Illustrated Man. I need an article that was actually published, so that I can cite it as an MLA source. Thanks in advance.
03 October 2004, 05:27 PM
philnic
makru,

If you will settle for a book rather than a journal article, I can heartily recommend:

RAY BRADBURY: THE LIFE OF FICTION J.Eller & W.Touponce. Kent State University Press 2004.

And from the FAQ on my website:

=============
The following information is provided by Mr Dark:

There are actually quite a few books on Bradbury and his writing:

RAY BRADBURY (WRITERS OF THE 21ST CENTURY SERIES) Ed. Joseph D. Olander, Martin Harry Greenberg. Taplinger Publishing Co, NY. 1980

READINGS ON RAY BRADBURY: FARENHEIT 451. Ed. Katie de Koster. Greenhaven Press, San Diego. 2000.

RAY BRADBURY: A CRITICAL COMPANION (CRITICAL COMPANIONS TO POPULAR CONTEMPORARY WRITERS). Robin Ann Reid. Greenwood Press, CT. 2000.

RAY BRADBURY (TWAYNE'S UNITED STATES AUTHORS SERIES). David Mogen. Twayne Publishers, Boston. 1986.

FAHRENHEIT 451 AND RELATED WRITINGS:RAY BRADBURY (LITERATURE CONNECTIONS). McDougall Little, Evanstan IL. 1998.

RAY BRADBURY'S FAHRENHEIT 451 (MODERN CRITICAL INTERPRETATIONS). ed. Harold Bloom. Chelsea House Pub, Philadelphia. 2003.

THE RAY BRADBURY COMPANION. William F. Nolan. Gale Research, Detroit. 1975.

BRADBURY: AN ILLUSTRATED LIFE -- A JOURNEY TO FAR METAPHOR. Jerry Weist. William Morrow, NY. 2002.

Other books include:
RAY BRADBURY (STARMONT READERS GUIDE No.31). William F. Touponce. Borgo Press 1989.

THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES (THE MILFORD SERIES). George Edgar Slusser. Borgo Press 1977.

RAY BRADBURY AND THE POETICS OF REVERIE: GASTON BACHELARD, WOLFGANG ISER AND THE READER'S RESPONSE TO FANTASTIC LITERATURE William F. Touponce. Borgo Press 1998.
============================

Steven Aggelis' thesis has a thorough bibliography of journal and magazine articles. It's available as a PDF file - I could email it to you if you wish.

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

- Phil<br /> http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379