Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    RB'S Recovery, Note from Daughter's
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RB'S Recovery, Note from Daughter's
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Well, who can blame him? I'VE seen me!

:-)

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HEY!!!
THAT'S what we need here!! More Humor!!! Like, LOTS OF HUMOR!!!!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, humor is one of the best healers, so pour it on, for Ray's sake!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grabbin' a few nurses wouldn't hurt him any, either! I'm not a nurse, but if it would make him feel better, I'd let him grab me! It's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,
OK. Here's some humour...

There are Three kinds of people:
Those who can count, and those who can't!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II

I love it! Yes, humor would do the whole world a lot of good.

Ray's self-deprating humor has always been refreshing. Whereas many people would sit around and feel sorry for themselves, Ray has an unbelievable attitude. Once when I was talking to him about his bad eye and ear he says to me "Who cares!" Obviously he wasn't worrying about it at all and was using all of his energies creating all the neat and wonderful stuff we love reading.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 08-30-2004).]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I began reading the initial posts above, I was understandably very concerned about the status of Mr. B's health. The thoughtful follow-ups by Alexandra, Parick, Sam, Dandy, Mr. D, et al, have set my mind more at ease. Thanks so much.

Last week we sent Mr. Bradbury a homemade birthday card. It actually went out a few days late as we have been travelling for most of the summer. Hopefully it has added some loving spirit to his rejuvention. The card ended up about 7' long as it continued to fold out, panel by panel. My students and 2 young sons helped in compiling a timeline -of sorts- that was represented by nearly 100 images of his earliest childhood, works, friends, decades of movie and tv projects, appearances, countless books covers (much thanks to Phil and his site), and more recent activities.

The cover was a colorful original by our own 8 and 6 year old RB fans: Theme ~ a real snazzy, smiling cat, wearing pajamas - of course!

God Bless Mr. Bradbury and each of you who support his quick return to strength and better health!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post