Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    thesis? what'sa thesis?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

thesis? what'sa thesis?
 Login/Join

posted
gak! I have to write a research paper about ray bradbury and i've never done one before...
i chose bradbury as a topic myself, but i can't come up with a refinement.
i can come up with research topics, but i just can't come up with a coherent arguement for ray bradbury...
i'd prefer to use something out of "something wicked this way comes" and "farenheit 451", because that's what i have access to at home... help?

darkness? illiteracy and critical thinking?

[This message has been edited by PockyResearcher (edited 12-16-2003).]

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PockyReasearcher

Well, this should take you about 2 straight hours of searching.

Why? Because you are going to start looking at all the 'topic headings' on this website. Go back 8 months, a year! There's an icon that permits you to go waaay back!

Important: find 'interesting' topic headings...

...go look at the comments for those topics. You WILL get a better picture of Ray. And there are videos available on this Bradbury Website. For instance, 'Bradbury at Home'.

You WILL NOT get a short cut on this one. If you are not disciplined to at least do this, then what?

Look, about everything you need to know is right here.

Also, pick up a collection of short stories of Ray's. Read one of them. Get a flavor of what the man is about. Skip around. Flip the pages. Pick a few paragraphs and read on. Throw the book down if it bores you. And write about why...for yourself, that is. But then GO BACK and read some of his other works. Something somewheres along the line WILL catch your attention.

There are a lot of bios available. Use the Google engine.

Here, check out my rudimentary website. It has some pictures of Ray and his hometown. http://www.catchaway.com

PockyReaesracher:
What's your paper's 'theme' going to be about?

Clarify THAT!
And then post it here... maybe others could help you get on the right road and along that road to structuring your project....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, Nard! Rudimentary website or not, those pictures are gold!

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Cool "paintings"!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post