Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Classic Ray Bradbury Interview
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Ray Bradbury Interview
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
How about a letter to an appropriate office expressing the concern of RB's most stalwart fan-base that the need of a modern F451 movie is long overdue!!

I don't think the holders of purse-strings are bothered by letters...

quote:
Does Mr. Darabont have intentions of ever getting this underway ...somehow!?

Who knows? I haven't seen any comment from him for several years. He got heavily distracted by his TV series THE WAKING DEAD, and is currently tied to a new TV production called LOST ANGELS.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
...The Gibson ownership (?) may be a labyrinth of its own. (I am not at all versed in the manner in which such rights are handled.)

It is a labyrinth, but such rights are normally short-lived - a producer takes out an option on a work for a period of months or years. I will see if I can find out more about F451's status, but I'm not sure whether I will succeed.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
He got heavily distracted by his TV series THE WAKING DEAD...

Is that the one where the zombies all wake up to discover that it had all been a dream? Kind of like that Newhart episode.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, maybe I mistyped. I meant the one about the hard of hearing people who can't stand still... THE WALKING DEAF. Big Grin

- Phil

posted Hide Post
phil, "I will see if I can find out more about F451's status"...
Right! This seems a well-placed challenge for your cinema expertise!

As for Darabont, he seemed so bound and determined. But, alas, stuff happens!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Ah, maybe I mistyped. I meant the one about the hard of hearing people who can't stand still... THE WALKING DEAF. Big Grin

It seems you knew more than we thought you knew!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See, told you!

Actually, I might have thinking of this or maybe even this.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Dandelion. Though I'm late to the game, this is a fantastic interview. Thanks for posting the link! Good to see so many familiar faces. Always sad to see Bernard missing!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks also to people who posted video interviews, which I haven't gotten to at all!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post