Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Meanwhile... down in the cellar
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile... down in the cellar
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Uh, I guess none of you Angelinos have visited those stairs, eh?

(Why are they evading this question? I'll probably drive down there in the not-too-distant future and wonder if I should visit that site. Hmmm...are they embarrassed because they've never gone there themselves even whilst living nearby? Maybe I have problems communicating, I don't know.)

[This message has been edited by Braling II (edited 03-19-2006).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't live there. I used to, but moved away on my 17th birthday. That was in 1983. As a teenager those stairs didn't really interest me much, however I have seen them. My aunt lived in that neighborhood. Howard Cosell lived right next door to her.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
�That afternoon��

This 1932 Academy Award winner has perhaps one of the funniest moments in film with the boys reaction when they discover that there is a �side road�. Stan said it was �the best picture they ever made.� Did you know that they made a previous version in 1927 with a washing machine?

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling, "embarssed"? Possibly you were trying to convey "embarrassed". As in, gosh, that embarrassed me when he corrected my spelling.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robo,

I think having an aunt living near those stairs and next door to Howard Cosell trumps your Agent Orange story.

Speaking of hills... the street on the backside of Hillcrest Park (Lemon St. perhaps) in Fullerton was one of the birthplaces of extreme sports. Kids used to block the cross streets as their friends would fly down the street on skateboards, street luges, and sometimes in tandem sitting on skateboards while facing each other with arms locked. Crazy kids. One of my friends munched, hitting his head on the pavement, and was never the same afterwards. He suffered seizures for the rest of his life.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I have to dig deep in my vast reservoir of stupid moments with the famous. It may not be a trump but its funny. I went one time to a George Thorogood concert and waited backstage for an autograph. There were alot of people milling about waiting also. I was leaning against a metal door when someone tried to open it. I moved and George came out wearing the full snakeskin suit carrying his guitar out also in a snakeskin box. Realizing I had no pen or paper, I told him how awesome he was and would he mind biting my ticket stub because thats all I had. He just looked at me and shook his head and said he doesn't bite ticket stubs. I eventually found a pen and he did sign my ticket. Thats my mind at work, I figured since he had a mammoth set of front teeth, it would make a unique souvenir. Not too long afterward, I saw Agent Orange play somewhere and afterwards we were all sitting around partying when I asked them the same request as Mr. Thorogood. They didn't even hesitate, all three bit my stub. I have since lost the Thorogood stub, but still have Agent Oranges teeth imprints.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, congrats on your new website, it sounds interesting. Maybe we should purge this site with fire like they finally did on Pitcairn with The Bounty.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
Bot, faulty AE-35 unit removed and new unit installed.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II, you sir have tact and poise, plus now new hardware!! Something I know I sometimes lack due to my immaturity...at least I am aware of it and trying to correct. However, sometimes it sounds good in the ol cranium but when the ol mouth opens, its a different story and the ol shoe fits right in. Please accept my humble apologies if I have hurt anyones feelings or angered anyone with my callous humor. I will grok and grow from this egg which I am, water brothers.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
Grok? Yes, I guess I do. Another water brother. These Martians!

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew you would, lol.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
Drink deep. May you never thirst.

posted Hide Post
Waterbrothers! "That temple was a diary with its pages filled. Time for a new one, rather than write over filled pages. Fire can't destroy the experiences..."

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
Gathered around the fire, telling of the old times, it was a good day to be a human being.

posted Hide Post
Or a Kiwi.

Onward to Mars!