Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Meanwhile... down in the cellar
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile... down in the cellar
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Posers!!!

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firesign Theater c. 1971 Yuck, yuck, yuck! http://www.firesigntheatre.com/albums/album.php?album=bozos

How About the Gonzo Dog Doo Dah Band? or The early Mothers' of Invention?

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have that record. THE GIANT RAT OF SUMATRA, and NICK DANGER, THIRD EYE too.

I love the Procter And Bergman album with "Saturday Night Gunmart" and "What Did That Man Say?" on it.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P&B album also had a hilarious parody of Ricardo Montalban's old Cordoba ("Corinthian leather") automobile commercial called "Carumba".

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 03-16-2006).]

posted Hide Post
I've got some old "Radio Free Oz" stuff on reel-to-reel.
They (Firesign) did a smashing reading of a Winnie The Pooh story. Great voices, sounds, and very sensitive and faithful to Milne's intentions I thought. Unusual for them not to have parodied or made fun.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way, have any of you Angelinos made the pilgrimage to the famous Laurel & Hardy flight of steps?
On Vendome is it?
Going there, or visiting my son at USC (though he's home on Spring break now), or hearing Ray speak are the only reasons I can think of for going to the L.A. area, now that Belisles is closed!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to ride my bike all over Placentia and Yorba Linda late at night stealing hood ornaments off caddies and such, I'm probably karmatically paying for that to this day.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grassiela,

Thanks for sharing, I wish I had ran into you while out there. You sound like an all american girl out for good ol' clean fun, unless that is, your a man. In which case, you'd be an all american boy, oh hell, you get the drift. Speaking of Brea Mall, do they still have Orange Julius ? I used to love those. B-two, you seem more like a Bolo than a Bozo. Step away from the bus with your hands up.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, what about those famous steps?

posted Hide Post
The twelve? O'Douls is alchohol free. If I'm reading your meaning about steps right.

[This message has been edited by Robot Lincoln (edited 03-17-2006).]

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
No, no no. See my post above. I'm referring to the Laurel & Hardy steps. They figure in at least two Bradbury tales, you know.

posted Hide Post
Oh, okay. I thought you were referring to an earlier post I made about drinking O'Douls today. Thanks, hope you have a great Saint Patricks Day.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
Now it appears the old (NEW) Bradbury board works NOT...and the OLD board (this one) seems to be the one working... Hmm!!!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, very perplexing. I think sometimes I'm tempting fate by keeping up use on these boards but somehow I'm always compelled to take a curious peek. As Chapter mentioned, Ray could write a story about it.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
ALL:
Remaking my website...completely NEW! Will have a 'Message Board', ..as well as latest videos (QuickTime) of Ray. Anyone with ideas that they may want to contribute, contribute now! Final main ideas need to be wrapped up by Monday (March 20th). Should have site completed by mid April.

old, current site:
http://www.catchaway.com

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post