Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Meanwhile... down in the cellar
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile... down in the cellar
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"That's soitenly the most ridiculous thing I ever hoid!"

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It wasn't me. How about you, B-II? Did you do it?

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lidia oh, Lidia, say have you met Lidia?

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I sure am glad "No Man" didn't do it! For then we would have to get into that whole one-eyed giant mythology thing. And to me, it's all Greek.

(Ynuck, ynuck, ynuck. Woof!)

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 05-03-2006).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"She has eyes that men adore so..."

Someday, too I want a t-shirt with "Huxley College" on it; and a motto in Latin, the translation of which would be "Whatever it is, I'm against it!"

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now the old boy's in command of the fleet,
for he went and married Lydia!
La-la-la�la-la-la.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"No, I'm Maurice Chavalier!"

"Shore, I canna vessel."

"The life saver, throw me the life saver!"

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GS:
You asked for it. You got it!!! http://northcountryguide.com/tourism/attractions/lifesaver/

(A mere three blocks from my keyboard. The truth is oft stranger than fiction. Good old E.J. Noble!)

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"HONK!"

Well, SOMEBODY should quote Harpo!

posted Hide Post
"Shore, we're plenty tough. Show him how tough you are."

"Fffff-Fffff-Fffff"

posted Hide Post
"Attsa my Pinky. Save somma that for the bad guys."

posted Hide Post
Tough? I'll show you tough. Where's Asta from The Thin Man?

(all ye youngsters can look this one up)

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nora to Asta about protecting Nick: �If you let anything happen to him, you�ll never wag that tail again.�

Asta speecie-a-meat-a-ball!

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 05-03-2006).]

posted Hide Post
This one's been bugging me for years.

Which old B&W Film Noir movie has the old Irish beat cop watching the star of the film (Cagney perhaps) growing from a fine lad into a gangster, and ends with the cop standing over the body and shaking his head while saying something like, "Tis a shame, twas such a fine young lad." ?

I was thinking THE ROARING 20s.

posted Hide Post
Now, mind you this is just from memory, but I think in "Angels With Dirty Faces" Pat O'Brien grows up with James Cagney. O'Brien becomes a priest and Cagney a gangster. At the end, O'Brien convinces Cagney to act terrified and remorseful as he's going to the electric chair so as to discourage kids who admire him from following his career.

[This message has been edited by Braling II (edited 06-09-2006).]