Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Meanwhile... down in the cellar
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile... down in the cellar
 Login/Join

posted
"BWAHAHA" [rubs hands]
"Yes, my pretty little mice, you have performed your tasks marvelously. Now help me assemble these robots and get everything in place for The House Of Usher's grand reopening. So far, so good. But tonight's the real test. The guests should be arriving shortly. BWAHAHAAA!!!" [more hand rubbing]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! Braling I actually went out with his wife and left me out of the box!
Could I be The Red Death, or maybe the orangoutang? Please please please?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, see if this gorilla suit fits. If not, lend a hand sharpening the umm... "props".

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just flew in from Albuquerque, and boy are my wings sore.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, Mr. Lincoln, our first guest. You DO look tired. Come, relax. Just up the stairs and to the left your own private balcony awaits, with its very comfortable "booth" seating. Sit back and enjoy the show.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 03-12-2006).]

posted Hide Post
I'm starting to get a headache as well.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monsters, beware! A fellow named McClure has your number and is on the prowl.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, well, well... look what the wind blew in. So glad you could make it, dandelion. Mr. Dow, the gardener, will take you from here to the bar where you can feel free to root yourself anywhere you like. Bigelow the bartender has whipped up a special cocktail just for you, just for the occasion. He calls it "Dandelion's Double Trouble", nevermind the acronym.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 03-14-2006).]

posted Hide Post
Arms twined, circling slowly, they sang, and somewhere in the cold distance of morning the town clock finished out its chimes and quieted. The party was ending.

The city accepted them back with many and fully aware arms...

I really must ask you grasstains, since we are still stuck(truly free)in this godforsaken ghost town in a godforsaken dry sea bed in a godforsaken world spinning in a godforsaken solar system spinning in a godforsaken universe moving through space away or to something really really super fast, like faster than you could even blink an eye maybe even before you could think about blinking your eye, since we are still here and my new website resolution hasn't kicked in yet, I'm not going to worry about stepping on any toes by being off topic here. What is your favorite music? Everyone please chime in too, I hear you breathing. One more thing, have you noticed when you edit on this site, it thanks you for editing? I thought, now thats a website that was raised proper, not one of these websites thats been shuffled around to all its relatives and its poor mama and papa slave at work all day and it just sits there with nobody to love and nurture it, now thats sad.

[This message has been edited by Robot Lincoln (edited 03-14-2006).]

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
I luuuv straying off topic. Some of the best conversations spring from off topic discussions. A discussion board is a place where people who share a common interest congregate, but limiting ALL discussions to that common interest seems silly to me because I want to reach out to these kindred spirits and get to know them, share and bond with them. I'm searching for others like me. Not JUST like me, but enough like me to carry on excellent conversations with and hopefully to learn some life lessons from. Ray Bradbury fans seem to be observers and deep thinkers, seeing things the rest of the world is in too much of a hurry to notice. Remember the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long billboards in F-451?

OK, my favorite band ever is The Kinks. I see, hear, taste, or smell something everyday which makes me think of something I've heard in Kinks lyrics or Bradbury's stories. Ray Davies and Ray Bradbury both share the same middle name, Douglas. After The Kinks my next favorites are XTC and Nick Lowe and a whole lotta ska. Early British Punk is great. The Clash, The Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, The Jam etc. About the only American rock band I'm crazy about would be The Dickies. I hate to admit it but I also like Smashmouth. Half the fun of listening to them is figuring out who they're ripping off in any given song. I see it more as "referencing" than "ripping off". I like some jazz, especially Joyce Cooling and Ramsey Lewis.

What about you?

posted Hide Post
Oh! Just thought of some more American acts I really like.

The Offspring - Probably my favorite current band.
Jonathon Richman - He's the singing guy in SOMETHING BOUT MARY
REM - For several months back in 1987 I could listen to nothing else

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 03-15-2006).]

posted Hide Post
WOW! The old Board is throttling. This is Great!

Having just moved to an area just south of Los Angeles (Orange County, CA )been away from the boards 3 weeks plus. Finding the new boards down (new owner has bought the Ray Bradbury site from Harper-Collins)...didn't have the old site address. Thanks to Robert Lincoln as well as Mr. Dark, for supplying me that info.

I posted a bit of comment on Bradbury speaking Monday night in Santa Monica in 'Resources' (I'm Back topic) on the new Bradbury site.

Golly gee whiz! LA may be having that long spell of cold weather and the snow may be down to the 1000ft. level on the mountains, but sure glad to be back here!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 03-15-2006).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Music, eh? Well, it's been a big part of my life and a means of expression for me as long as I can recall.
I was literally singing actual songs before I was a year old. Now, I play jazz (bass viol) and sing - mostly classical. We're getting ready to perform Bach's B minor Mass on the 25th and the Berlioz Requiem in April. In the Orthodox Church, too there's lots of singing. A typical Sunday service including Matins is about three-and-a-half hours of singing! We do most of ours in English, but the music is usually either Russian or Greek (Byzantine).
On the lighter side, I also do Scandihoovian songs ala Yogi Yorgesson and Stan Boreson and some parodies.
I'm also in a trio that plays what I guess would be called folk/bluegrass, though they're all originals by our singer/guitarist. Sort of along the lines of Bruce Cockburn.
I listen to everything from Allan Sherman, Spike Jones, Stan Freberg (a great friend of Ray's), all sorts of jazz and classical, to bluegrass, Bulgarian choirs, Morton Subotnick, Show tunes, Gilbert&Sullivan, and didgereedoo! Sorry to say I don't have a lot of use for punk - doesn't hold my interest.
I could, as you can tell, go on...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

What brings you back to OC?

And... how long can you put off going to http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/

posted Hide Post