Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Meanwhile... down in the cellar
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile... down in the cellar
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nope, not that one. I love that movie. I fell in love with ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES when I was just 12 years old, seeing it for the first time while staying home from school after having my tonsils removed. They used to always have old movies like that on during school hours. That same week I saw THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME with Charles Laughton and Maureen O'Hara, the greatest movie I'd ever seen. After seeing "ANGELS" and "HUNCHBACK" I looked at B&W movies entirely differently and to this day prefer them over most contemporary films. My life took one of those weird turns that week and I often look back and think maybe that was when I ceased being a child. I also remember seeing another movie that week, which really affected me, about a woman convicted of murder and sentenced to death. I think it was called something like I DON'T WANT TO DIE, and maybe that was Patricia Neal. I've never seen that film since.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 06-10-2006).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post