Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Meanwhile... down in the cellar
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile... down in the cellar
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Pretend it�s nothing. Just a �bump� in the night.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, the "phoneys" seem to have no trouble posting to this board! Maybe we could have some sort of filter that would block messages containing words like "nokia" or "kyocera" ?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
chapter 31:

I tried that. Don't work. It seems that postings go thru some sort of warp where it gets battered by some sort of steel wall a few thousand times and lands back into.... (whatta heck am I talking about?) Just enough to say...it takes 'hours' sometimes for posts to...POST!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I�m having trouble even logging on to the new sight tonight because of a server problem. Maybe it�s your server.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 13

I couldn't log onto the new Bradbury sight at this hour either. THEY are the ones having the problem. I've found the site at certain hours in the month to be down. Perhaps too many people pile on at the same time... ???

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Believe me, if there was a way to enlist "the murderer" to eliminate the phones, I would. My finger is sore from pressing "Delete."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, you�re the one who�s been doing the housecleaning. Many thanks.

posted Hide Post
Who else? What, you thought "Nautilus" was back?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, now you've done it. Might as well blurt out Rumples*#@k~n and Beetleju*#@ while you're at it.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the risk of sounding gay, I gotta tell y'all that about a month ago I watched Little Women with the family and liked it..alot. Last night we rented Pride and Predjudice and it was simply stunning and glorious! I almost cried and I don't even recognize any actors except Donald Southerland, and I thought he was great in it too. Some of the older actors have really been surprising me lately. Rusting yet again!

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did I say a naughty name?

That is sooo funny about "sounding gay." I went to "Little Women" with a guy I was seeing who at first wouldn't go into the theater at all, and was finally induced only after seeing another guy enter! Another guy I know teases me about the film (regarding an incident one time I saw it--yes, I went several times--) but keeps getting the title wrong! Too many guys are tooo clueless!

posted Hide Post
I may be a rampant, raging, rampaging heterosexual but I love �Anne of Green Gables� (the wonderworks version), �Little Women� (all versions) and �Pride and Prejudice� (the version with Jennifer Elle and Colin Ferth). Ye Gods!

posted Hide Post
"Did I say a naughty name?"

No, not unless you consider the "N" word naughty. Remember last time someone mentioned "Nautil*#" he/she/it magically and mysteriously appeared? They didn't cause any havoc as they did the first time through here, but just let us know how puny and powerless we are in the grand scheme of things which we have no understanding. Any idea how they did what they did, dandelion? I'm not very tech-smart, but it seems to me that they somehow hacked into the system to gain the kind of access only a moderator would have. It was really weird.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody ever see LONGTIME COMPANION?

Editorial Reviews

Amazon.com essential video
"The late director Norman Rene and writer Craig Lucas made a pretty fine creative team on the stage and in the movies, and this 1990 drama about the evolving impact of AIDS on gay New Yorkers is their best cinematic achievement. The ensemble story follows the lives of nine or so characters as word of the so-called "gay cancer" eventually becomes a real force, killing several of them as the years go by. The film works well on a number of levels, not least of which is the enviable closeness of the characters, the script's wit, the bittersweet experience of loss, and a celebratory attitude at the end mixing wisdom with defiance." --Tom Keogh

posted Hide Post
No one ever figured out the mysterious workings of the seagoing one.