Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Meanwhile... down in the cellar
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile... down in the cellar
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A Kiwi? Us McDougalls shine our shoes with Kiwis!

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoot, Mon!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'm a loner Dottie, don't get mixed up with me",said Kiwi.

you dare to denounce the noble peewee

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kiwi Herman?

Confession Time--I have a Pee Wee Herman doll.

"I know you are but what am I?"

"Tell em Large Marge sent ya!"

"Everyone has big buts, Simone. Let's talk about your big but."

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kiwi Herman Rocks! Seriously, thanks for that confession. I admit I like that movie. I also liked Napoleon Dynamite though. Gosh!

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vote for Pedro.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Pee Wee doll used to say something (can't remember what) when I pulled the string in back, but it's been all garbled for years. "Big Adventure" was one of the first DVDs I ever bought. The commentary is really cool as Danny Elfman describes meeting Tim Burton at a party and not being entirely sure wether he could do a soundtrack, having never done one before. It was also Burton's first attempt at a feature length motion picture. They've been partners ever since.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robo,

I believe you were asking for this a few days ago: http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/eas.cgi?Ray_Bradbury

posted Hide Post
Hey, Grassy! Nice list! Never heard of some of those.
"The Turkey That Attacked New York"?!

posted Hide Post
Thanks Grass, thats amazing. Just trying to scroll down takes a minute! I too have to admit, I used to have a Herman Munster doll I treasured. That shows my age. The string finally broke on it. If only I had a fraction of my toys. Dameit! I loved the time machine in Napoleon, ouch!

I've just run amuck on e-bay! My plastic is meeeeeeelting & your little kiwi too! My ez-bake oven should be here in 7-10 working days. I also ordered an Evil Kneival doll to put inside...

[This message has been edited by Robot Lincoln (edited 03-23-2006).]

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
What was your favorite childhood toy? Do you still have it?

Mine was Tiger. A little stuffed yellow and black tiger laying in a recumbent position with his paws folded in front and hindlegs up in back. He fit perfectly under my arm when I slept at night keeping bad dreams at bay. I still have him although he is missing one eye now unfortunately.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
I don't remember a lot of my childhood. The only things I have left are some JACKSON 5 albums and Christmas ornaments.

I did figure out what the PEE WEE HERMAN doll says. If I hold onto the string while releasing it, rather than just pulling it out and letting go, I can hear what he says.

1.) "I love you"
2.) "I know you are but what am I?"
3.) That silly giggle

Oh, I had Steve Austin, Jamie Summers, and Oscar Goldman dolls! I remember making up my own episodes of THE 12 MILLION DOLLAR COUPLE. I didn't have a villain, so Oscar usually had to assume that role.

posted Hide Post
Yes, I still have my first teddy bear, many other original childhood toys, and replacements of others.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a dummy named Peter - he didn't survive the operation. I decided I was going to be a surgeon, you see...

posted Hide Post
Br2, with all of your traipsing around (You know, ventures into South America waiting for things to cool off with the gang and that courious BrI situation, oops!), did you ever cross paths in the North with these Vaudevillians?
http://tzone.the-croc.com/tzeplist/dummy.html

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post