Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for a story.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a story.
 Login/Join

posted
Please help. I am looking for a story that I read in a collection of stories in paperback.
It had something to do with a recluse that was lured to the beach only to be cut by razor blades by someone applying lotion.

What is the name of the story or is this even a Bradbury story?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome Ladyraider94!

It sounds like Ray Bradbury's "A Careful Man Dies" found in THE CAT'S PAJAMAS, and also A MEMORY OF MURDER.

According to RAY BRADBURY A LIFE OF FICTION by Jonathan R Eller and William Touponce, Appendix-A, Ray Bradbury's Fiction , Year-by-Year, this story was first published in New Detective magazine Nov. 1946, and recently anthologized in the collection URBAN HORRORS (1990).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linnl,

You are my hero. I have been looking for this story for years. I read it in a used book I got from the public library that I lent out and never got it back.

You helped me check it off my bucket list of stories/books to read.

Thank you so much.

Sarah aka LadyRaider94

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ladyraider94:
You helped me check it off my bucket list of stories/books to read.

Or watch!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post