Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Drunk and in Charge of A Bicycle

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drunk and in Charge of A Bicycle
 Login/Join

posted
The link below will take you to the latest information on Ray's new play, DRUNK AND IN CHARGE OF A BICYCLE, which opens in Hollywood on January 24, 2004:
http://www.theatrewest.org/nowPlay.html

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone in the Los Angeles area attend the premier of Ray's new play (DRUNK AND IN CHARGE OF A BICYCLE) and care to give us a review?

posted Hide Post
Richard:
Plan to be in LA right before the play closes..last week in February. Will post some of my comments then....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably going to see this on saturday and I'm pretty excited. Just a quick question: If i've got this straight the play is based on "Green Shadows, White Whale," stories from RB's time in ireland, but it shares a title with an essay on how to write from "Zen and the Art of Writing?." Although I suppose the title may be applicable to pub-frequenting irishmen as well, I was wondering if someone knew the connection here...

Posts: 1 | Location: venice,ca,usa | Registered: 30 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also the introduction to "The Stories of Ray Bradbury." He latches onto a phrase which serves him in some way as a wonderful metaphor and often likes to reuse such phrases.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the good fortune to see DRUNK AND IN CHARGE OF A BICYCLE last night in Hollywood. The two one-act plays were wonderful, very funny and witty. And Ray was in attendace, discussing in his introduction to the audience what lead him to write about Ireland. Highly recommended!

By the way, Ray's next stage production will be a theatrical version of his recent novel, LET'S ALL KILL CONSTANCE. This new play is currently scheduled to open in April, 2004.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 02-09-2004).]