Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    uncorrected proof
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

uncorrected proof
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Wow. Great stuff!
Now get back to the mud & tape with a happy heart!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robot Lincoln,
One of my grandfathers was a carpenter on ships—unfortunately one of the larger ones sank in 1912, but it wasn’t his fault—and the other did exactly what you do, drywall. Both were great men.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Lincoln, thanks for your enthusiastic account; it's a pleasure to read it. Let us know, please, how things turn out.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, you got the last uncorrected proof! Hope you receive it back!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Robert,

I spoke with Ray the other day and he said that Farewell Summer will be out in August. I, too, await this new tome of Ray's.

Robert, I first met Ray, soon to be 39 years ago and have corresponded with him over the years, visited his hom on four occasions and visit with him the phone once in a while.

Over the years he has graciously signed books and illustrated them. I, too, received a neat drawing on the outside of a mailing envelope.
He is one great guy. I think back to Richard Bach, who I got to know as a neighbor and through whom I got to first meet Ray. The contrast is so great. Richard is pretty much a recluse these days and doesn't communicate with anyone that I know of and I am speaking way out of line here as I have no way of knowing who Richard is or is not communicating with.

But Ray has always been so kind to his fans. I think that all of this adoration is keeping him young and active. What he gets done in a day probably surpasses that of many a younger person.

I am gladly awaiting further word on his response to your package. When I think of mobiles I think of Caulder.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy all!!! Thanks for your alls wonderful responses to my seeming dilemma. It was actually good to get back to work. By releasing, sometimes you can hold on. I was trying to think of something profound yet relevant for my opening, here it is. What do you call a psychic dwarf who escapes from prison? A small medium at large. Okay, that was mine, now here is a couple my youngest told me. Why didn't the skeleton cross the road? He didn't have the guts. One more, bear with me. Why couldn't the bicycle stand up? It was two tired. I will tell you all when and if I get a response from R.B. I've probably disgruntled even him by my brashness, so no telling. Chapter 31, thanks for that insight on your lineage. I actually come from a long line of German woodworkers. I worked in a woodshop for four years and I still work in my garage sometimes in that medium. I am lucky enough to have inherited some fine things my great grandpa made. As to what I do, I get burned out at times, but I am very good at it and I make good money. We all gotta eat. By the way, wanted to relay this. I tried to get Something Wicked from the video store and they didn't carry it. Amazingly to me, I checked the library and ended up getting three dvd's. I got Something Wicked, Fahrenheit 451, and Martian Chronicles. We've watched Wicked and Fahrenheit 451. Its been a long time since I saw these. I liked Fahrenheit better even though the story isn't exact, it has that weird feel to it. I must have a Montag hat. Not the helmet, although I liked that too. I did enjoy the ending too with the book people and Clarisse making it. Was stunned when Ben Walton lookalike walks up and introduces himself as Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. Talk about a wheel within a wheel. And what about Julie Christie, should she really have played both roles? "I fell in love with the actress, she was playing a part that I could understand". I'm with Ray too, where's the hound? That aside, we did enjoy it alot. We just started Martian, kinda looks cheesy a little bit so far. I think someone really good should do that movie again. Or better yet, have someone like Speilberg or Howard do Dandelion. Braling II, I am a Hobbithead too. Those books sweep you away with them like any good book should. Thanks for your comments about work and such, I do have a happy heart...except when I'm at work. Just kiddin. Biplane, will definately let you know if I hear from the man. You are very lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with him. Caulder is awesome, he invented a totally new artform. Its astounding. I wanted to put some more pictures on but I need to figure out how to shrink them. Any help is appreciated. Well, I better head off into the sunset, I've rambled again...I'm a ramblin guy. (smilesalot, not lol) CUL8R

Its now Sat. evening, we just finished watching Moby Dick. We still aren't finished with Martian Chronicles yet. We loved it. An interesting sidenote, the actor who briefly appears in the movie as Elijah, who predicts doom on the Pequod is the same actor who plays the lightning rod salesman in Something Wicked This Way Comes. Also when it shows the below deck of the sleeping quarters on board ship where the crew are sleeping in their hammocks, it showed a wooden wall that had been carved on by seamen who whaled on it. In big letters right in the middle of it are carved R.B. Ray also quotes Mellville in the beginning of Something Wicked, its Stubbs saying, "I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing." I thought, how interesting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post