Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Member profiles
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Member profiles
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Has anyone left a note giving directions of how to get here? I don't even know how to get back to the old place, since I never bookmarked it.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uummmm...nope.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains--I loved your comparison of the old board to "There Will Come Soft Rains!" It was spooky. And since we're speaking about the new board, did anyone else notice when you are at the home page and you click on Message Board, it says, "If you are not forwOrded to the message board within 5 seconds..." Wouldn't it be forwArded?

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't notice Hal's typo. I guess only a school teacher wood.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmskipper:
did anyone else notice when you are at the home page and you click on Message Board, it says, "If you are not forwOrded to the message board within 5 seconds..." Wouldn't it be forwArded?

...and the link at the bottom of the screen to the Ray Bradbury HOMpage. I wonder if hompage should be pronounced like luggage, or steerage...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OLD HAUNTS are here:
http://www.raybradbury.com/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true

If you listen carefully, you may hear a distant Foghorn sounding. So be wary as you enter!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and you may want to suit-up in your fireman gear.

posted Hide Post
How do you find the old web site?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Click on the "Old Haunts" address above, Bp!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lmskipper:
grasstains--I loved your comparison of the old board to "There Will Come Soft Rains!" It was spooky.

============================================================

I think dandelion made a reference to it first when she referred to herself as a robotic mouse over in the old haunts.

You guys are missing out on all the fun over there. We're burning "Favorite Book or Story" and a sea serpent is destroying "Inspired". The place won't last much longer.

posted Hide Post
OK...I'm not completely sold, but I'll agree to stick a toe back in the water over here...

Julie

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There you are, you silly goose. It's Great to see you again. Have you taken a tour of the place? What do you think?

So, what's it going to take to keep you around this time?

We're checking flamethrowers at the door nowadays. Let's hope it lasts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grasstains,

posted Hide Post
Ah, I see that changes have taken place since last I haunted these halls. It's so nice to view the member list and see so many names; a lot's changed in the four years these boards have been active.

But today I feel compelled not only to haunt, but to comment. Recently I foisted upon my students the first page of "The Crowd" and charged them with tracking down the author (whom I did not name) and reading the story to its conclusion . . . but only after composing a few paragraphs concerning how they suspected the tale would unfold.

Then, days later, I received as a gift the entire Ray Bradbury Theater on DVD. The very next morning, Mr. Weller's book arrived in the post. Suddenly I am again split like a tree by Bradbury lightning. My agent phoned and casually inquired if I'd written my thousand words for the day, and I blamed Bradbury when I said no. I was too busy being burned alive by his prose. My living room still smells of ozone.

To everyone who continues to engage in an ongoing Bradbury dialogue, I wish you all the very best. May the currents that passed through Mr. Electrico's sword and then through Ray's blood keep on scorching us, so that we too may live forever.

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once this was opened, and tied to the RB Board, I immediately made the decision to go with this one. It really doesn't make sense to have two official Bradbury boards. The other should be disabled.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
"It really doesn't make sense to have two official Bradbury boards. The other should be disabled."

Bu...That's...Oh, how very....very dark of you to say such a thing.