Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dandelion Wine film

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dandelion Wine film
 Login/Join

posted
Sorry if this has been reported previously (I'm usually late to the party), but I was happy to read this brief article this afternoon:

Dandelion Wine Film

Cheers.

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was supposed to be a secret with the official announcement this Monday, on Ray's 91st birthday. Oops.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if I'm not late to the party, then I'm too early.

Story of my life.

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lance:
Well, if I'm not late to the party, then I'm too early.

Story of my life.

"The Trades" has made mention of this months ago but the all important funding is what makes the world 'go-round.'

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pavel, welcome back to the board! Many thanks for posting these links. I had been wondering about the short film referred to in the news story, so it is fantastic to be able to view it online.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news, hopefully this will happen!

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any hope that this will get an honest effort or are we expecting a low budget production?

Posts: 13 | Registered: 20 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think it will be a low budget production.Of course it will get honest support.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 1 | Location: Beverly St Overland Park, KS | Registered: 09 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion, here's another New Zealand spammer. About time we deleted these, don't you think?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColonelFreeleighExpress:
Any hope that this will get an honest effort or are we expecting a low budget production?

Arlene was telling me that she knows Medavoy, and that he works on high-end stuff. I haven't really followed him too much.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The filmography was impressive so I am really really hoping for something that can finally do Bradbury justice. If it's Medavoy then he does extremely high end stuff. Just produced Black Swan so that's an enormously positive sign.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 20 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
dandelion, here's another New Zealand spammer. About time we deleted these, don't you think?

You want I should delete the posts, ban the posters, or both?*

*I actually haven't been noticing them as I look only at content of posts, not links.

What the heck, I will delete the links and leave the posts.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't click on the links (that's exactly what they WANT us to do), but if you hover your mouse pointer of them, you see the invariably New Zealandish link. Good thinking to just delete the link, dandy. (No point in deleting the user, since s/he keeps coming back with a new name and supposed location!)

- Phil