Ray Bradbury Forums
Ray Bradbury Theatre

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/5161030011

01 September 2004, 06:15 PM
biplane1
Ray Bradbury Theatre
I was speaking Ray about this very subject not too long before he went into the hospital. Years ago I had his office phone number and when he wasn't there his answering machine came on with him giving an imitation of John Huston. When I called him recently I asked about the elevator and he told me exactly what Nard said that there were two sequences, one building where the elevator was and the other building that contained his office.

He sent my daughter a signed photo of him in an office (doesn't seem to be the same as on the RBT) with him surrounded by his endless array of "stuff."

I loved Nard's (I believe it was Nard)experience of him getting to go to the office with Ray and Ray asked him to help with the key and the next thing he knew the door swung open and there was Ray who had entered through a hidden door around the corner.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 09-01-2004).]
30 September 2004, 04:18 PM
Illustratedman
Although this series is usually said to have lasted 65 episodes, I have 67 episodes on tape.
30 September 2004, 04:46 PM
philnic
Illustratedman,

either we've all miscounted (or just believed the publicity and not bothered to count), or you must have some duplicate episodes in there.

Could I suggest you take a look at the episode list on my website www.bradburymedia.co.uk (click on FILM&TV, then scroll down till you get to Ray Bradbury Theatre) - check off the ones you have, and let us know what the additional episodes are.

It would be great to discover two hitherto unknown episodes, but I don't think it's going to happen...

Phil
18 October 2004, 02:51 AM
FangsFirst
I derive a mild amusement from the date of this thread;
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00062IZ2W/qid=1098078708/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-0511602-5075043?v=glance&s=dvd

August 31, 2004

I'm holding that very volume in my hands as we speak.

Supposedly there will be a total of five discs (as yet, Amazon lists two...perhaps the others are available elsewhere--I couldn't say).

I've yet to crack it open and take a look (to note presence/absence of the intros, etc)

I was quite happy to find this at a best buy I stopped at between home and school, and for only $5.99 at that.
First saw the thing on a tape my dad has of "The Playground"--which I saw back when I was reading Ray religiously in middle school and maybe elementary school (my memory is awful...but I know I was reading it when I was fairly young compared to my oh-so-prestigious 20 years).

In any case, there you are. Perhaps you already know this, but I hope you find out (or have found out) regardless of the source.

Cheers.
18 October 2004, 03:32 AM
FangsFirst
Yech.

Let me add that having watched "The Crowd"--which did suitably impress me--the quality is horrid. It looks like a VCD (if you're not familiar, it means excessive digital artifacting and pixellation during fast movements of the camera--or of anything else, but most noticably when the entire view moves)

But, still, it's the only release, and it is watchable.
But, audio/videophiles beware
(sound isn't so hot either)
18 October 2004, 03:08 PM
philnic
FangsFirst,

thanks for bringing this release to our attention. It is long overdue!

Is it really 13 episodes on a single disc? No wonder the quality is poor!

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk
18 October 2004, 05:41 PM
dandelion
They should have definitely gone with two disks, for 13 episodes of a half hour each!
19 October 2004, 03:26 AM
FangsFirst
Yeah, it really does come down to how much they crammed on, but for the price it isn't...horrible.
Granted, I'd prefer to pay that price for 7 episodes of higher visual quality, but I rather doubt anything will be done about it :\

Perhaps the box set (I saw a picture of it whilst trying to find further information) will improve...but not likely, as that's where I first read it would be five discs. Oh well...
20 October 2004, 03:31 PM
Illustratedman
Dear Philinic,

Sorry. I haven't looked at this board for a few days, and so am very late answering your question.

I just checked the list of RAY BRADBURY THEATRE episodes I have, and found two that are not on your list:

THE BLACK FERRIS (1990) - directed by Roger Tompkins

BY THE NUMBERS (1992) directed by Wayne Tourell

Your lIst is also missing, THE LONG YEARS, though since you list THE LONG RAIN twice, I assume this is simply due to a typing error.
21 October 2004, 05:38 AM
philnic
IllustratedMan,

You're right about my summary list (on the Fim&TV page) missing The Black Ferris, but the numbered list on my Ray Bradbury Theater page does list it. The same goes for By The Numbers. Thanks for spotting these mistakes. I'll correct them as soon as I can.

As far as I can see, I DO have The Long Years listed in both lists. In fact, I have a page dedicated to The Long Years.

I'm pretty certain the numbered list on my RBT page is complete. It totals 65 episodes, and includes the ones you have mentioned.

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk
20 November 2004, 12:03 PM
Casca
Hey folks, for those that haven't seen it yet go to; www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2193
24 September 2018, 07:19 PM
Doug Spaulding
If you have this channel, they're currently offering every episode of THE RAY BRADBURY THEATRE.

https://www.roku.com/whats-on/the-roku-channel

"Live Forever!"