Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Just across the mall from the Leftorium...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just across the mall from the Leftorium...
 Login/Join

posted
The Simpsons ain't what it used to be, but now and then I tune in. The other night, I noticed a store in the Springfield Mall called...

Something Wicker This Way Comes

Anyone else catch that? Who knows if it was a riff on Bradbury, Shakespeare or the other dozen possible literary references.

And yes, sadly, it WAS the highlight of my day.

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I caught that reference, too! I had to point it out to my wife, and I was delighted when my 10-year old daughter said, "Hey! Isn't that a book by Ray Bradbury?".

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't watching, just listening while doing book repairs, so missed any visual jokes!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I caught that one too.Not the first time they ever used Bradbury in an episode though. They had their annual halloween episode 5 with an episode called "Time and Punishment" which is a great take on "The Sound of Thunder". Homer goes back in time, kills a mosquito and returns to find flanders is the ruler of the world. He winds up going back several more times.At one point he coughs and accidentally kills all the dinosaurs. classic phrase (Homer:"man, I'm going to pay for that one").

Posts: 10 | Location: freehold,nj,usa | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post