Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Southern California Bradbury Event

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southern California Bradbury Event
 Login/Join

posted
Hi! An open forum with Mr. B. will be held on Oct. 4, 7:30 p.m. at The Long Beach (CA) Performing Arts Center on Ocean Blvd. It is sponsored by the Long Beach Public Library Foundation.

Tickets are $40 - or $100 for premiere seating and a pre-event reception with Mr. B.

Please call 1-800-505-5990 for information and tickets.

Posts: 4 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: 18 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought tickets for myself and my 13 year old son, and here's my vow: this time we will not be conquered by our shyness. We're going to shake Mr. Bradbury's hand, get his autograph, and say "Thank you" for all the wonderful synapse activity he has inspired.

I've gone public; now I'm committed! DZ

Posts: 26 | Location: Ojai, CA, USA | Registered: 18 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do it!

I met him at a book signing once. In fact, I was there early and was milling around. He came up from behind and asked if I was here to get my book signed (I was carrying it around). I said yes, and it was Ray. He literally changed my life with his writing. I wanted to say something to tell him how much he influenced who I became in my life through reading his books and stories and I just couldn't do it. I stammered out some lame thank you for signing the book so I wouldn't have to wait in line.

He deserves more effusive fans!

Lay it on him.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a little confused by this Oct. 4 appearance by Mr. Bradbury in Long Beach.

If you check the 9/02 message, "Ray At San Diego Comic-Con Aug. 03", there is mention of another Oct. 4 appearance in Duarte, Ca. Which one is correct?

Posts: 31 | Location: Newbury Park, CA, USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Paxil is just not sufficient. As a community, who are we? Is this our pinnacle? This is the best we have to offer?

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who didn't see the two posts to which this last remark is addressed, please...BE THANKFUL! Your Paxil? What about my Tylenol? It's my arm that's getting worn out deleting all this stuff! The last two days I've spent more time reading garbage than real posts! As moderator, it's time I learn a new skill. Gotta ask where that ban button is located!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again. Very much appreciated.