Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Calm High

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calm High
 Login/Join

posted
A thought has come to my head. It woke me up, got me out of bed. It's called Calm High.

It will be a chapter in my fourth novel, titled policies.

A student interprets a poem a certain way, and as a result, he has to join the "time out" march outside.

They march students on a track. But, every ten steps, they take one step backwards. And, ten steps after that, they all kneel, and stand up again. This forces the student to count their steps.

Just picture what it would do to your thought process, if you marched for a few hours, with nothing in your head but the counting of paces.

A thought has come to my head. It woke me up, got me out of bed. It's called Calm High.

It will be a chapter in my fourth novel, titled "policies."

A student interprets a poem a certain way, and as a result, he has to join the "time out" march outside.

They march students on a track. But, every ten steps, they take one step backwards. And, ten steps after that, they all kneel, and stand up again. This forces the student to count their steps.

Just picture what it would do to your thought process, if you marched for a few hours, with nothing in your head but the counting of paces.

I know this doesn't concern Ray much, but there's a lot of heavy readers on this forum. Besides, I know Ray apreciates the creation of literature.

Does anyone here know a famous poem, that superficically praises the United States, but the real meaning is one of condemnation?

Posts: 106 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Bruce Springsteen did a protest song in which the only intelligible words are "Born in the U. S. A.," which many people, I believe including the first President Bush, mistook for a paeon of praise to his native land.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks, that's actually perfect

Posts: 106 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post