Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    RB genealogy: William Batchelder Bradbury (1816-1868)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RB genealogy: William Batchelder Bradbury (1816-1868)
 Login/Join

posted
William Batchelder Bradbury was a musician and composer of, mostly, hymns (e.g., of the tune of "Jesus Loves Me"). Can anyone tell me of a genealogical relationship between him and RB?

John Wirth
Stroudsburg, PA

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John, and welcome to the boards.

I can't give a definite yes or no regarding that particular Bradbury, but I have compiled a family tree of Ray Bradbury based on various sources. You can view it on my blog, here:

http://bradburymedia.blogspot....009/08/ancestry.html

I'm sure a genealogist could extend it further than I have been able to do.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PHIL YOU ARE MY HERO!! Doing a trace of my family roots, I knew I was from the Perkins line and discovered it was in any way related to RB!! It is great to see that you had done that. I am so looking forward to adding that to my tree on ancestry.com!!

I am descended from her younger brother, Jacob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DougzInBoston,

Posts: 1 | Location: Cambridge, MA | Registered: 23 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi DougzInBoston, and welcome. I'm glad the family tree has been of use to you. Any chance you could post a link to your tree so that we can see how it interconnects?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey John Wirth! From my research, Ray is not related to the composer William Batchelder Bradbury, but to another William Bradbury.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 28 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Idhallman, the family tree I put together shows a William Bradbury with dates of 1649 – 1678. Is this the same William you know of?

If you can fill in any of the missing parts of the Ray Bradbury genealogy, I would be delighted. Please post more info!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

posted Hide Post
There is an author named Moberg I've wondered might be related on Ray's mother's side but never got much into it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post