Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Questions about "THE CROWD" (Movie)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about "THE CROWD" (Movie)
 Login/Join

posted
In my grade nine class we are doing a study on this awesome ray bradbury movie;however, it is very complicated to understand considering there are so many possibilities to conclude a solution at the end, so If anyone has seen this short movie and want to explain it to me that would be great!!!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read the Short Story of the same title. You may better understand the plot from the words on the page if you didn't comprehend the eerie theme from the images in the video (from a 1985 RB Theater Episode). The story is collected in his book The October Country. Maybe your library has a copy. I am sure your librarian would be very willing to help you out.

Your original interpretation is worth much more than anyone here could possibly offer.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that you should read the original story, which I think you will find is very clear and a really good read.

I have a review of the film on my website, which may help. Click here to view it.

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 01-13-2005).]

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, on your site's RBT reviews: Great - more of the "coming soon" I hope!! What an asset to educators, especially in view of the now widely available DVD's. I'll be sure to give you credit (from across the pond) when highlighting some of these in my next SF class - which starts in 2 weeks!

Interesting how things so often "tie-in" on this site! Thanks.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooooh...SF class.

What? How? Where? I wanna go!

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too, sign me up!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjpalumbo:
Phil, on your site's RBT reviews: Great - more of the "coming soon" I hope!! What an asset to educators, especially in view of the now widely available DVD's. I'll be sure to give you credit (from across the pond) when highlighting some of these in my next SF class - which starts in 2 weeks!

Interesting how things so often "tie-in" on this site! Thanks.

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjpalumbo:
Phil, on your site's RBT reviews: Great - more of the "coming soon" I hope!!

Thanks. I do intend to review every episode, but each review takes a long time to produce - and I don't have any spare time at the moment. I'll always post here whenever I update.

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk