Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Bonfire and Pillar of Fire

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Bonfire and Pillar of Fire
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Again,
I'm still working on that research paper, and I was wondering if you could tell me where I could find the short storied The Bonfire, and Pillar of Fire. I've been to the two closest libraries in my area, and haven't found them. Thank you so much for all your help!
~Duck

Posts: 6 | Location: Belding, MI, USA | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Bonfire" hasn't (yet) appeared in a Ray Bradbury book, but it was included in the anthology "Gauntlet 2", edited by Barry Hoffman (Borderlands Press 1991).

"Pillar of Fire" is in Bradbury's book "S is for Space". It was also included in the following anthologies:
The Other Side of the Moon, ed. August Derleth;
A Treasury of Great Science Fiction, Vol. 1, ed. Anthony Boucher;
The Midnight People, ed. Peter Haining.

Bradbury also wrote a play called "Pillar of Fire" (based on the short story?) - this is collected in his book "Pillar of Fire and Other Plays" (Bantam 1975)).

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for all your help. I was going insane looking! I've been working on this paper for months, and you have no Idea how much of a stress reliever this site has been. Thanks again!
~Duck

Posts: 6 | Location: Belding, MI, USA | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just for the information of the completists out there, Ray's story "The Bonfire" first appeared in an early 1950's fanzine called Torquasian Times, which is where I initially read it. Unfortunately, copies of that fan magazine are very hard to come by, and Philnic's suggestion as to where to find the story (GAUNTLET 2)is much more sensible!

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Bonfire" is so rare even I haven't read it. I have read "The Smile" and "Bright Phoenix," which also involve burnings.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post