Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury Theater
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Theater
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
groon:

If you took the scenery and descriptions wrought in poetry, for instance, and did a counter-part to actual reality, what a strange mess that would be. Fireworks around dead leaves? It sure looks pretty as 'poetry' (or film, in this instance) but in reality it's 'The Terrible Conflagration up at the Place'.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...leading, possibly, to The Burning Man.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha, good thinking. I just thought it was odd that there were fireworks at Halloween. I haven't heard of that, I don't know if it's something people do in some places, but not here. Maybe the reason is because of the leaves. I dunno, just a thought that crossed my mind. I watched "The Coffin" today, starring the guy who played Marcus Brody in the Indiana jones movies. Great episode of Ray Bradbury Theater.

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched Emissary for several years. Is it definitely Halloween, or is it just October-ish? (The reason I ask is that in the UK we have fireworks in November - Guy Fawkes, gunpowder plot and all that.)

Denholm Elliott in The Coffin, I believe. That was one of the British episodes of the series, when it set off on a world tour!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this thread triggered a thought: I believe they are remaking "The Wicker Man". The original was one of the most errie films that I remember, full of surprise and pagan imagery. I loved it. Hope the new one is as good.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My town, in America, is just a little weird. We have fireworks in November and June but not on July 4.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheap!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheap is not the word! 65 episodes for just over $10 is a giveaway. I think I might get a bit of a head start on some Christmas shopping.

So many great episodes that it's hard to pick a favourite, but I have a real soft spot for 'Banshee' - and that's aside from the fact that I'm convinced I heard one about eight years ago...

Posts: 14 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 20 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched "The Murderer!" (prophetic) as we now plunge into a wide range of 30 RB stories. Many will be followed by RBT episodes as the culminating exercise.

Great Stuff!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Coffin. It's one of the few episodes I think is really good - Bradbury is so tricky to adapt sometimes, even when he's doing it!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post