Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury Theater
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Theater
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Manoeuvre, actually Wink

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's with all these spellings? Did someone step on a butterfly?

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good, Dandy!

Now that our spelling is organized (or organised, Phil, heh, heh) anyone heard of this story? It sounds vaguely familiar, but I had no luck finding any reference...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked also and came up empty. Yeah, a little humour from our good Doctour Phil is just what we needed.

Yeah, D! Stay on the path.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The questioner may have been thinking of "The Hellgrammite METHOD", which was a first season episode of the 1980s revival of the Twilight Zone, written by Bill Selby, and NOT based on a published story.

Info here:
http://www.totse.com/en/ego/science_fiction/new-twil.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done, Dr. Phil!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Cyril Cusak, aka "Captain Beatty," is Dr. Perry in RBT "Small Assassin" episode.

Pretty Cool!

Remember, the prophet Elijah (MOby Dick) and Tom Fury- one in the same in the timeless Royal Dano!

(Interestingly enough, this week we saw both Misters Cusak and Dano in classes 9 and 12: after reading Assassin, F451, and Something Wicked) I usually discuss and view the '56 Moby Dick but, alas, ran out of time this semester.

Another RB moment in my daily occurrences. So, what's new!?

(Biplane - I'm done today! Missed your call.)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why have I become Dr Phil all of a sudden? (Am I missing something?!)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil, I don't believe that you are bald and you are definately not from Texas.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And you're not an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, so I guess that makes three for three.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, a TV reference. I don't think we get Dr Phil over here (but we know about him because other American TV shows talk about him).

Judge Judy we get.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
“…other American TV shows talk about him.” How wonderful not to see but only hear about him. Sort of like Bigfoot or the Yeti.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry there, Just Plain Phil! I wasn't even thinking of that other guy. Just referring to your surgeon-like ability to extract precisely the required information!

posted Hide Post
Judge Judy is bad enough. They do have a lot in common, though.

posted Hide Post
Philnic, the "Dr." was meant in recognition to your astute responses in all areas. The allusions to U.S. tv "Dr. Phil" is purely coincidental and, as things tend to do here in RB Land, it took on a life of its own and it was off and running...

RE: http://www.drphil.com/

FYI: He is one of the most successful syndicated shows going at this time and has the attention of all news mediums.