Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for text: Dark They Were & Golden-Eyed

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for text: Dark They Were & Golden-Eyed
 Login/Join

posted
I have the audio book of Dark They Were & Golden-Eyed, but I'm looking for the actual text.

This is a 1950's short story about colonists from Earth who travel to mars and slowly turn into Martians.

Can anyone help? I wish to purchase this story. You can post info here or e-mail me directly.

Thank you!!

Posts: 3 | Location: Fresno, CA, USA | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Dark They Were, and Golden-Eyed" was first collected in "A Medicine for Melancholy" (1959) and then in "S is for Space" (1966). I'm unsure whether it appears in later editions of "The Martian Chronicles," but oddly it did not appear in the original edition.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is also contained in a large anthology of Bradbury's works that would certainly be available through any community library:

"The Stories of Ray Bradbury" Alfred A. Knopf, NY. 1980. Includes an introduction by Bradbury.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post