Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    CITIZEN RAY: A Personal Memoir

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CITIZEN RAY: A Personal Memoir
 Login/Join

posted
CITIZEN RAY, my essay on Ray Bradbury and his gentle mentorship of me, appears in the current issue of ROSEBUD magazine. Folks appear to be enjoying it, so I thought I'd post a plug here.

During the past several years I've been blessed to have Ray as a buddy: drinking root beer, reading his novels aloud to him, and listening to his advice as we look through old pulps and keepsakes. The essay draws on a wealth of material I've assembled about this dear man and his profound effect on my life.

Issue #52 features great material by Sam Weller and others as well. Editor Rod Clark and his staff regularly assemble a sumptuous literary feast! ROSEBUD is available at fine booksellers, or you can order a copy at www.rsbd.net.

Summer is here. Open windows and books!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Goodwin,

Posts: 18 | Registered: 16 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CITIZEN RAY is a fine piece, more evidence of the wonderful influence Mr. Bradbury had on hosts of writers and readers throughout his incredibly productive career. Bill is a fine example of a writer who was encouraged by Ray, and is likely to flourish. Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post