Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Friends of the Library

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friends of the Library
 Login/Join

posted
As many of you know, Mr. B is a great friend of libraries. Here is his next library function, open to the public.

http://www.ci.south-pasadena.ca.us/library/events/bradbury/raybradbury.html

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The evening’s Friends of the Library event went very well. About 600 people were in the audience. The city of South Pasadena proclaimed it Ray Bradbury day. Mr. B was given a proclamation from the Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger. The ‘Governator’ was not in attendance however. Certificates from Congressmen Henry Waxman and Adam Schiff’s offices plus Senator Gilbert Cedillo’s office. A presentation from Susan Hildreth, California State Librarian was made. Film clips were shown from F451 and Moby Dick.

Of course, the highlight of the evening was Ray sharing his love of life with the audience.

I was not able to take photos but will be getting some from a few friends who where in the audience. Once I do, I’ll post a few.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo from last night's festivities. Mr. B is the good looking one on the right. Smiler

John King Tarpinian

ImageMar14BradburyJohnPodium2008Cropped.jpg (203 Kb, 15 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
The ‘Governator’ was not in attendance however.

Yeah? And what was his excuse? Bet he didn't have to work late!

Boy, was I steamed!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post