Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    One More For The Road

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One More For The Road
 Login/Join

posted
I just happened upon and purchased a copy of Ray's ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD. It was released March 26, 2002.

Am I the only one who did not know this book was coming out?

So far, the book looks great. It collects 24 stories, 17 of which have never before been published. It also contains an afterward by Ray.

Also (as a side note), I really enjoyed the jacket art for this work. It is so much brighter on my shelf, than many of his other books.

Has anybody read the book yet, or is there any interesting information regarding its production?

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I know: the book's release was discussed here but no one had an accurate release date. One person posted here saying they had just received it. No one has reviewed it. I'm still awaiting my copy.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've read the first few stories, but I haven't had a chance to really sit down and jump in to it...

Posts: 15 | Location: florence, al | Registered: 19 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still awaiting my copy as well - the online bookstore said they "shipped" it weeks ago. The actual release dates for Ray's current books (this story collection, and the poetry collection) seem a bit elusive.
I'm looking forward to ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD. There were some great stories in the last two collections (QUICKER THAN THE EYE and DRIVING BLIND), though I did find them just a little repetitive in tone & theme (a minor quibble, more an observation than a criticism).

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've finished reading "One More for the Road" and give it my highest recommendations! As always, Mr. Bradbury's words spirited me away.

I am new to this Forum/Website, and so just wanted to say how nice it is to have found you all!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, "One More for the Road" is a fabulous collection...I can tell you right now that it's one I'll always go back to. I don't have the book in front of me, so I'll post more on it later, but for now...Read "The Nineteenth." It's simply wonderful.

-Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sorry, but what is "The Nineteenth?" Have I missed something? Please let me know.

Posts: 39 | Location: Plantation, FL USA | Registered: 19 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a story in 'One More for the Road,' page 81...One of my favorites in the collection. Let me know what you think!

-Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never know when Bradbury's books come out either. I absolutely loved "One More For the Road." I finished reading it yesterday, and even though it is less sci-fi than the other books, it really connects to the all around character of Bradbury. I would stick around this site to find new releases. The newest is From the Dust Returned, about a strange family inspired by Bradbury's own. I really want to read it.

Posts: 13 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: 13 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just got my copy of "One more for the Road", which means it is just in time for my holiday reading.

I have read "Fore" from the book, and would describe it as really good, and more than a little bit tragic.

Posts: 10 | Location: Auckland,New Zealand | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post