Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Just Spoke With Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Spoke With Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:The Fools!!!

Who are these thirty-five fools!?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
jkt: ha ha ha. very funny!

Going to try to be in Santa Barbara writer's conference...the play later...

I anticipate being at both. So there. Razzer

Nard did, accidentally, bring up a good point. The first few weeks of the play, any play, is not as polished as the last half of a play's run will be.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You west coasters have such an advantage. (insert heartfelt sigh here.) Post a post meeting/part/play post for the rest of us to live vicariously.

Priory

Posts: 27 | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Priory:
You west coasters have such an advantage. (insert heartfelt sigh here.) Post a post meeting/part/play post for the rest of us to live vicariously.

May I asssume photos will be required, too? ;-]

I hope to have a phone meeting with the Producer of Green Town Alan Neal Hubbs tomorrow.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Ray this past Saturday, June 18th telling him about my brother calling from Iowa to tell me about a radio talk show he heard at 4:00 AM that morning with an interview with Ray.

My brother said that it was excellent and from some of the points that he said Ray talked about, the interview shed some new light on Ray's early years. For some reason I cannot recall what my brother said, but will find out and post.

When I asked Ray about it he said that the interview had been done the night before and that he was going to be speaking with a group in Topeka, Kansas the following day via telephone.

He sounded great and just as enthusiastic as ever.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spoke with Ray about half an hour ago. Said he had just enjoyed a wonderful lunch with his family.

Told him that I had gone round 4E's house last Sunday and invited him to the bash (he said he would like to come by if he felt well enough), and Ray was pleased at this.

Also told him that I had spoken with Irvin Kershner on Sunday and Kersh told me that he would like to film at the bash, but was going to be out of town! I said we were filming and he was welcome to use any of our footage for his project. He said he might just take me up on that!

Ray even remembered getting my birthday card in the mail earlier this week, and could even remember the picture! He thanked me for it and ended with "God bless you!"

I adore this man.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Ray briefly this afternoon. He replied, as usual, to how he is with "I'm getting my work done" and mentioned his two new books out this week.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, Dandelion, I, too, have heard this comment as to Ray getting his work done as if he had to do any work at all. But I just read an article in the AARP magazine about Tony Bennet, who is 81. Tony said that it is just not that he wants to sing and to paint, but he HAS to! And I think that it is similar with Ray.

Look how many people retire, whither and die within years. Yet, Ray, although suffering from physical infirmities, is keeping young with his continued work. How many 87 year olds have two books coming out this week?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michael, when I spoke with him yesterday, I did as you asked that morning and told him that I had just spoken with you. He replied, "I've known him for a long time." "Forty years", said I. "My God!", said he.

Then I told him that you said hello, and that you would be ringing him in a few days.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug, thank you for your saying hello to Ray for me. I only wish that I had the video equipmewnt that you have access to back then and could have filmed my visit. But, alas, the technology wasn't even around then. But to think that he was only 47 when I first met him and really getting into his prime.

The other visits to his home were brief as he had just called a cab and I was able to visit with him in his kitchen.

Then in 1996 he was kind to invite my wife and daughters in to visit with him for a while. A marveloud fellow indeed.

posted Hide Post
How it is possible to speak with Him ( I mean with Ray)?

I am the Master of Past and Present

Posts: 4 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost everyone here does so by phone but a few are privileged to see him in person.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much!
But how it is possible to find his phone number?

I am the Master of Past and Present

Posts: 4 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LoreSeeker, when dandelion says "almost everyone here does it by phone", she doesn't mean that everyone on the message board has Ray's phone number - just that the people posting to this (and similar threads) are people who have known Ray for a long time and are privileged to have been given his number.

I think it's terrific that Ray has time for his many admirers, but please give the man a break! He must be the busiest 87-year-old on the planet!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, you have to be most correct. Ray is a very busy man and I am convinced that it is what is keeping him so young at heart.

Actually Ray gave me his phone twice over the years, the first being changed and the second and present phone number way back in 1975.

See the attached notes from Ray.

ImageNotes_From_Ray-2.jpg (93 Kb, 19 downloads)