Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Just Spoke With Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Spoke With Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
There must be gazillions of student films of Bradbury stories, most of them not officially sanctioned.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gazillions is a good word. (Thought I'd get in there first!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Gazillions is a good word. (Thought I'd get in there first!)

Only because I'm late checking the board to-day!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To-day is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sanctioned is a good word. Yes, there are films Bradbury doesn't even know about--I spoke with him about one of "Dandelion Wine" where the people held a theater premiere and everything--but it's nice when people ask first or at least share after it's done!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Ray. Well, not just, but earlier today.

Told him I was going to Forry's, and invited him along, but he said it's too difficult to get out and about, altho he'd love to go. "You'll have to come over and visit sometime", said he. Such a nice man.

Was telling me how Forry changed his life when he was seventeen. I told him that both he and Forry changed my life when I was seventeen. He asked how old I was, and when I told him, he replied, Good God - you've got another sixty years!" Hope so.

I hope to document his 87th birthday bash at Mystery & Imagination Bookstore, and maybe by then I'll know how to post something online to share. We can hope.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
is that going to be open to the public?

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should be!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
is that going to be open to the public?

Yes, the book signing/birthday party will be open to the public. When the store has the date I'll post it and other particulars.

Doug: I tried to get Ray to visit 4E, too. We have to conspire together and get them together during one of the play's dates.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
We have to conspire together and get them together during one of the play's dates.

Let's do.

Now the play begins on June 23rd, does it not? Does it end on August 4th? Once I know exacts, I'll make my arrangements.

I certainly want to attend when RB does.

Can you help get me a seat up near The Man? How does that work? First come, general admission type of thingy?

Was in your area Saturday evening - thought about ringing you up to see if you wanted to go round to get a beverage, but it was last-minute notice, so I thought I wouldn't bother you.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
After a couple of attempts, reached Ray today. He says his longtime agent Don Congdon accepted the Pulitzer for him. If there was any videotape of the event, no one told Ray or sent him a copy. Ray says the important thing is he got a call from Tokyo last week and his Pulitzer was featured on the front page of a prominent Tokyo newspaper! "That's better than the New York Times. I hate the New York Times, but I love Tokyo."

"Fahrenheit 451" just opened as a play in Italy. Ray has sold a Tokyo movie company rights to make "The Fog Horn" into a movie, so there's "lots to look forward to." He has plays running the whole rest of the year, said all the usual things about how he is getting his work done, appreciates hearing from me, it's good to hear my voice, and ended with "I love you, Cornelia!" which I can't say how much that means and hopefully don't need to try!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. One of the best reports yet!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
QUOTE]Now the play begins on June 23rd, does it not? Does it end on August 4th? Once I know exacts, I'll make my arrangements.

I certainly want to attend when RB does.

Can you help get me a seat up near The Man? How does that work? First come, general admission type of thingy?QUOTE]

For all: I posted the play informaiton under Upcoming Events. The opening night will now be the 22nd, because Ray will be in Santa Barbara on the 23rd for the Writers Conference. The date was changed so that Ray could attend the opening night. Seating is first come first serve. The box office opens about 1/2 hour before the play. If you use online ticketing, suggested, www/plays411.com/raybradbury make sure you print out a copy of the confirmation and bring it with you.

As a general rule, Ray tries to attend on Saturday nights, subject to change based on scheduling conflicts.

When Ray attends there is a reception after the play. Ray will sign personal copies of books at that time...as long as he is not overwhelmed. It is fairly casual because the house only seats 70 and about half dart out right after the play. The Fools!!!

I plan on being there, based on she who must be obeyed, every Friday and Saturday. When Ray is there, one may purchase books for him to sign. On nights that Ray is not there I will have, a limited number of, signed books available. I do this out of my love and respect for Ray. This is a volunteer thing I do. My only renumeration is seeing the faces on the people who come and the delight in their eyes when they find out they can get Ray to sign a book. The books are supplied by my local bookshop, Mystery and Imagination, in Glendale.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
p.s. Now all we have to know is when Nard will attend to make the evening complete.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt: ha ha ha. very funny!

Going to try to be in Santa Barbara writer's conference...the play later...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post