Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

posted
hello! My name is Hansi and I live in Germany!!
Tomorrow we are going to write a test about
short stories and about Ray Bradburys short story " A piece of wood"! I have read this story 10000000000X BUT I don�t understand this story!
can anybody help me???? I don�t understand this story!!! Can anybody give me a good summary of this difficult story??

helpppppppp!!!
thx

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The point of it is quite simple. Humanity, perhaps in general, and undoubtedly many certain individuals in particular, are naturally violent and warlike by nature. They seek out excuses to wage war and then tack some "cause" onto it for reason. If their means, such as advanced weapons, were removed, they would find ways to wage war by other means. What's hard to understand about that? Have you looked at the conflicts taking place throughout the world today?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post