Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Trying to remember a particular story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to remember a particular story
 Login/Join

posted
Hi. I'm trying to remember the story by Ray Bradbury (I think!) that took place somewhere where it rained all the time, except this one day the sun was going to shine for a brief period. The story took place in a schoolroom. The students all ran out to play in the sun, but one student was locked in a closet and never got to see the beauty, etc. The sun won't shine again in their lifetime.

Hope this is enough of a description. I may have some of the details wrong.
Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: Syracuse, NY USA | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story you describe is probably "All Summer in a Day," collected in A Medicine for Melancholy.

Posts: 19 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 27 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I will look for it.
J. : )

Posts: 2 | Location: Syracuse, NY USA | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post