Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Phil Nichols and recent Bradbury Scholarship

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phil Nichols and recent Bradbury Scholarship
 Login/Join

posted
In catching up on my Bradbury scholarship, two of the volumes I received are, "Ray Bradbury Unbound," by Jonathan R. Eller and "The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury: A Critical Edition," Ed by Jonathan Eller. I note, the acknowledgements in both volumes to a certain scholar named Phil Nichols of the UK. Very impressed that Phil has been so busy. And to think I co-presented with him in California when he was still a peer! Congratulations, Phil, on all the great work you've been doing!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! Thanks, Mr Dark.

My contribution on both works was very minor - reading and commenting on chapter drafts of RB UNBOUND, and looking at some of the contextual materials in COLLECTED STORIES. The real work on UNBOUND is Jon Eller's - years of research, interviews, legwork and writing. The real work on COLLECTED is Jon and his crack team of textual editors, who have to compare and collate multiple versions of any given story to get to the bottom of the author's intentions.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Minor or not, these are impressive works--enhanced and improved by your participation. I have missed being active in the world of Bradbury and am anxious to get back into the mix--hopefully in a meaningful way! I hope our paths meet in another conference or some other scholarly/Bradburian pursuit!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now where's the "like" button when you need it? Smiler

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
Now where's the "like" button when you need it? Smiler

Exactly! Some posts can be rated, some not, but I want to dish out some likes here!

Phil and Sam are the bestest!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post