Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Bradbury Simulation in Second Life opening 10/5/08
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bradbury Simulation in Second Life opening 10/5/08
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
For whatever reason, SL will let you choose a first name, but you must pick a last name from a list of them. If you take a very common first name, like John or Phil, you might have a situation where every last name SL gives you already has a John there.

The solution should be to choose a very odd first name like Phil3%4 and then just choose from one of list of last names. Try it, see if it works.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 04 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
We didn't know much what to do. First 5 minutes we stood looking at each other figuring what the heck we do now.

Must be similar to what happened when the first man & woman met!

quote:
I had a tough time walking, because you have to use the 'arrow' buttons, and I wound up falling in the water.

Laughing my bum off!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I chose DougSpaulding as my first name (ha!), and Sporg as my last (because it's kind of like Spong).

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I had a tough time walking, because you have to use the 'arrow' buttons, and I wound up falling in the water.

I crossed the bridge the first time with no problem!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Can't you walk on water, Doug?!

We will have to agree on a day and time to meet in there, but we should also get other folks to join in. Where are you jkt, Mr Dark, patrask, dandelion, MogtheDog, rocket - and any others I've missed out?

I opted for a completely unrelated identity. I noticed that the list of available surnames depends on the first name that you type in, so I tried different first names until I found a surname that looked like fun. In Second Life, look out for Mr Wirefly!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Can't you walk on water, Doug?!

Not quite, but nearly, assuming that, like Yeshua, it's more likely that he walked on an isolated patch of floating ice.

quote:
In Second Life, look out for Mr Wirefly!

Wirefly is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Yeah, all that ice in the Middle East...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I should get a Second Life.. I'm having enough trouble with my first life.....

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Yeah, all that ice in the Middle East...

I don't know - I'm currently reading The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal, and Biff references some rather icy winters back then.

I blame global warming.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I thought you might.
How sad.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not blame the obvious?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Here's a review of Bradburyville - it might persuade some to visit, or it might persuade you that there's no need now that someone has experienced it for you:

http://iggyo.blogspot.com/2009/01/visit-to-bradburyville.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post