Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    (Pªr† II) ∂sk r∂¥ ßr∂dßur¥ ∂ Qu€STIºπ
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
(Pªr† II) ∂sk r∂¥ ßr∂dßur¥ ∂ Qu€STIºπ
 Login/Join

posted
_________________________________________________________________________________________

ASK RAY BRADBURY A QUESTION
IS NOW CLOSED! AS OF APRIL 9TH, 2007

................................... THANKS! FOR EVERYONE THAT ASKED A QUESTION.................................

A COMPLETE LIST OF QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED
IS LOCATED NEAR THE END OF THIS FORUM.

ANSWERS FROM RAY BRADBURY WILL BE SUPPLIED
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury, let's say you live into your 100th year. And that your health, considering all things, holds up fairly well. That your mind is clear and your ambition still strong. What things might you say you would still like to do with the time available to you?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
rocket:What about Fahrenheit 451?

Hey, good question. 'Embroidery', the story that Ray says was the only atomic bomb story, strictly deals with the detonated bomb while several ladies are embroidering. Like to hear how Ray describes 'Fahrenheit'. Perhaps he'll say it's an important, but not central, part to the ending of the novel.

Ray, you previously said that the story "Embroidery" was the only one that dealt with the dropping of an atom bomb. I think you overlooked Fahrenheit 451. Can you describe the importance of it to not only the story as a whole but how critical is it to the ending? Was it paramount that Mildred die in that conflagration?

Thank You!!!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard a lot of discussion regarding Ray's relation to Harlan Ellison. What does he think about Ellison's writing and what is his relationship with him? In the omnibus book The Essential Ellison, he dedicates the book such: "Because they have always been there for me, as superlative spinners of dreams, and as steadfast friends, this big one is for the Big Ones, Alfie Bester and Ray Bradbury."

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ellison has written about Bradbury on more than one occasion, and Bradbury has discussed Ellison in interviews. Gene Beley's book has a chapter about their relationship, albeit based on 20 year old material.

But I, too, would like to know more. I have always found a touch of Bradbury in some of Ellison's writing, especially when Ellison takes a nostalgic turn (which he does surprisingly often).

- Phil

Thanks Phil, I'm with ya on that!

posted Hide Post
Rocket asked, in part:

quote:
"Think you overlooked Fahrenheit 451. Can you describe the importance of it?"

It's the definitive work of the 20th century concerning the importance of freedom of speech... Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you listen much to music? What kinds?
Do you have any Bernard Herrman recordings?
Do you listen to much radio?
Are you still in touch with Stan Freberg?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert M Blevins:
Rocket asked, in part:

quote:
"Think you overlooked Fahrenheit 451. Can you describe the importance of it?"

It's the definitive work of the 20th century concerning the importance of freedom of speech... Cool

I agree Robert!

posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury, Thomas Edison said something to the effect of that his inventions were a result of 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration. What is your ratio on creating a finished short story, for instance?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Nard, for this opportunity.

Mr. Bradbury, after years of interviews and tons of questions--what question would you love to answer, that's never been asked? And, what's the answer to it?

All the best.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Another question, if possible. Mr. Bradbury, you seem to always be very optimistic, with high energy in your outlook on the future and a positive approach to yourself and your work. But there must be things that you find pessimistic, or futile. Care to describe what those might be?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/5431025192

_

'Somena' asked a Question:
Included here is this link from a thread that started with Questions to Bradbury.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury, what is it that you hate about yourself?
If he says nothing, well, how about things you dislike about yourself?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
i'm doing a report on Mr. Bradbury and i was wondering what outside forces (politics, societal, events, changes, revolutions...)have influenced his writings and what has been written as a personal response to an idea or situation? (i.e. writing poetry in response to the idea of slavery.) What motivates his work?

~A.`~

Posts: 1 | Location: xxiamcrowxx@yahoo.com | Registered: 18 March 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are reading aloud the entire Martian Chronicles in my Freshman Lit class. Wonderful! What a fantastic time to be experiencing this classic story!

Q: How about all of the nearly pure frozen water discovered at the Martian South Pole? (Some locations over 2 miles thick!)
...And now evidence of 7 large "caves"!!!

What do you think NASA will be willing to reveal to us next?!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Report This Post