Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    (Pªr† II) ∂sk r∂¥ ßr∂dßur¥ ∂ Qu€STIºπ
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
(Pªr† II) ∂sk r∂¥ ßr∂dßur¥ ∂ Qu€STIºπ
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury,

What was your greatest experience or memory as a fan and how does it compare to your greatest experience or memory as a pro?

-and-

Do you still have any of your old fanzines? Can Nard dig through them?

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains:
Thanks, but NO! Nard cannot dig thru them. Good grief. I might tear a corner or wrinkle a page. How would that sit with Ray who carefully has attended to the preservation of these pages thru the many years. Dare I even so much as breath to forecefully in their direction. I might blow the peach fuzz motes of paper fibers into a invisible storm of molecules... And then think where that would leave everyone...?
(I'm thinking...)

Oh yeah, and your post has been POSTED. Thanks!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that my above question may be long-winded for this forum, but if you can tell me any other way I might be able to send this question to Ray (I actually tried writing to his literary agent some months ago but the email address I found is non-working)...

posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury, in his 2001 interview, said the United States needed "a complete revolution in education starting in the Kindergarten" in regards to literacy. Six years later, we are still fighting to keep kids literate, but I don't think it's the education system's fault. It's the parents' fault.

Despite having such popular additions to the juvenile literature stage as the Harry Potter series, it's getting worse. Our adult sources are also failing us -- even lay-grammarians are arching their collective eyebrows at basic errors cropping up in mainstream publications and advertisements. What's more frightening is my thirty-something peers brag (with a sense of disturbing pride) that they don't read by choice. As one person put it to me: "I get everything I need from T.V."

How do we, as the new literate minority, help both today's and tomorrow's adults find a love of the written word in spite of the current disdain for basic language competency?

- - - - -

Remember, Remember, the Month of November / Dialogue, Setting, and Plot / I'm hearing wishes that laundry and dishes / Wouldn't just sit there, forgot.

Posts: 11 | Location: South Orange County, CA, U.S. | Registered: 07 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

Yup, I can see Him placing them on the coffee table before you, and you, after setting your bag of CHEETOS on the sofa, mumbling around a mouthful of cheese-puffed cheeks, while wiping your hands off on your jeans, "Uh, vreah I can weweeve it!" and Him watching in wide-eyed horror as you reach for them with your terrible neon orange fingers...

================================================

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grasstains,

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
grasstains:
Thanks, but NO! Nard cannot dig thru them.

Can John dig thru them!? I ain't a-scared of no molecules!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Frowner
..... Frowner
;
;;

_______________________Frowner_______________________________________________________________ Frowner

This is it folks. Last chance to ask a question. Q&Acloses end of tonight, Los Angeles time, New York time: 3 AM Chicago time: 2 AM. (APRIL 8TH) Frowner

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask if he will join us for that Irish coffee (or, in his case, French Merlot) two weeks hence.

Tell him it'll be like hanging out with young readers, fans, and friends, just like he did in the old days, and it'll be fun, and something he won't soon forget.

If he says no, ask him why not!

Shucks - I can ask him!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
ASK RAY BRADBURY A QUESTION IS NOW CLOSED! Go to Page 2 of this Forum to check out all the questions to be asked Ray Bradbury. Note: If your Question was asked on this forum, it'll be included, tho it may not appear on the list.

posted Hide Post
Nard, I am locking the thread now. Let me know if you wish it unlocked.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post