Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Pandemonium Shadow Show

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pandemonium Shadow Show
 Login/Join

posted
I mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but thought I'd reiterate my suggestion in its own post.

Just what is the possibility of creating an open forum here, somewhere where we could all just post thoughts that don't necessarily fit into the vary particular schemes of the other forums?

Of course, it should all -- whether vaguely or strongly -- relate to Bradbury in some way: film talk, discussions on the craft of writing, carnivals, life in small towns, living in Southern California, current scientific and astronomy news, etc. I even thought The Pandemonium Shadow Show might be a good title for such a forum.

What does everybody else think of this idea? Do you think this message board is just fine with its existing forums?

Posts: 53 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, Shadows are what the world is screaming in and out of right now. The internet electric idea ethereal double speak
is flying so fast. Rays vision of Time travel in past to future is no longer so much
an impossibility. By archiving our past in our data storage systems we can call up references from Mesozoic geologic sources.
Then scan that into a file, and with the right software sent it anywhere on the planet
with a computer, modem, and they can study to most intimate detail of the T-rex.
Talk about a COUPLE of keystrokes
that end up in a techno SOUND OF SILENT THUNDER All from one point one earth to
an other. yea I like the Idea of a forum

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mixed feelings. "Off-topic" forums are great when people are civilized. I've been party to some wonderful ones. (Firm rules should be set, such as NO BRADBURY OR MEMBER BASHING and NO OFFENSIVE POSTS--which includes advertising, an offensive posting practice if ever there was one.) The Off-Topic board is, however, a classic environment for "one bad apple." The thing is, people bring their personal lives into it, leaving them open to attack by the bad apples. It was my response to such an attack that led to the worst trouble I've ever had in a forum. Some people advise wearing your asbestos suit and flame-proof underwear to all message board discussions, but many people just aren't that thick-skinned. Proceed, but with caution.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
point well taken.

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post