Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Klaatu barada nikto...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Klaatu barada nikto...
 Login/Join

posted
About 25 years ago, Ray Bradbury wrote a treatment for a sequel to The Day The Earth Stood Still. And here is that treatment!

They don't write 'em like that any more.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t express how wonderful it is to see this. Thank you, philnic!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just noticed the date Ray wrote this treatment. Not September 10th or 12th but September 11, 1981.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto were all characters featured in the original Star Wars Trilogy.(They were even made into SW Action Figures by Hasbro!) Perhaps this was an honor paid by George Lucas to Science Fiction Classics from the past.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, greenray. Absolutely fascinating. It never dawned on me about those names. I have to go check this out.

posted Hide Post
Reviving my own five-year-old thread to point y'all to my blog post about Bradbury's KLAATU sequel!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post