https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/4761067901

19 September 2006, 03:23 PM
Doug Spaulding
Dandelion Wine movie?
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Well, I want somebody to send me a copy, too! I'll pay the postage.

I could do that for you. Email me your mailing address.

I hope it didn't get lost in the post!

"Live Forever!"
20 September 2006, 01:45 PM
philnic
No, not lost in the post, just still waiting to be copied. Just a couple more days, honest!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
20 September 2006, 02:15 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
No, not lost in the post, just still waiting to be copied. Just a couple more days, honest!

No worries, mate! Thanks!

"Live Forever!"
05 October 2006, 08:56 PM
Doug Spaulding
Called Ray today to ask him about the film rights to "DW". His line was engaged, so I rang Alexandra's line in his office and talked with her - what a pleasant lady.

She told me to contact Don Congdon about it, but said that there has been some interest in the option lately, but was unsure if anyone had snapped it up.

Nearly fifty years and nothing; now someone else wants it as soon as I do!

Oh, well, whoever gets it better do a fine job.

I'm not giving up yet!

"Live Forever!"
06 October 2006, 09:01 PM
Doug Spaulding
Got an email from Ray today on the subject. He basically tells me that "there are other people interested in optioning DW and I've yet to make a decision, but we'll be asking a large fee just to option it."

That might just take us out of the running for now at least - we don't have a 'large fee'!

He did confirm that he owns the rights to any potential filmed version.

I don't really mind if someone else does it, I just want to make sure it's done right!

Will keep the board posted.

"Live Forever!"
06 October 2006, 11:08 PM
biplane1
Oh no Doug Spaulding! You think you got an email from Ray Bradbury, but I'd bet it was from Alexandra with Ray dictating. At least when Ray emailed me once at the top of the page it said "Alexandra Brabdury."

Hey, just pulling your leg. Of course it was from Ray via Alexandra's secretarial assistance.
07 October 2006, 01:27 PM
Doug Spaulding
Yeah, what it was was from RB's email account ("From: Ray Bradbury"), but Alexandra told me that she acts as a mediatrix and prints the emails for him to read, then he dictates his answer - but he does have his own account now.

He's slowly moving toward technology (but he's young yet)!

"Live Forever!"
07 October 2006, 01:29 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
...at the top of the page it said "Alexandra Brabdury."

Brabdury??? You must be thinking of someone else.

"Live Forever!"