Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dandelion Wine movie?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dandelion Wine movie?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Aye, Peckinpaugh! Now I remember.

I still think Gene said something very like that.

Bradbury tells it thus:

"Sam Peckinpah came to me years ago. He wanted to do one of my books as a screenplay. I said, 'How will you do it, Sam?'

"He says, 'Rip the pages out of your book and stuff them in the camera.'

"I said, 'That's right. I'm a screenwriter.'

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you actually have a copy of the film, Pavel? I would adore to see it in any language!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, i have now. Just tell me your address on (pavel at raybradbury.ru) and i'll send you a disk in a few days.

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pavel very kindly sent me a copy some time ago, although I'm ashamed to say I haven't had time to watch it yet. There are quite a few interesting Russian-language films of Bradbury stories. I hear that, as with the Russian editions of his books, Bradbury generally hasn't been paid for any of these films.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I want somebody to send me a copy, too! I'll pay the postage.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pavel Gubarev:
(it's Russian film)

I like this snapshot Smiler. Look, how many sun there is!

Notice how much this actor looks like RB's real father?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

I could do that for you. Email me your mailing address.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

I could do that for you. Email me your mailing address.

Brilliant! Thanks.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
> Notice how much this actor looks like RB's real father?

Really? Is there anywhere picture of his father on the web?

> I hear that, as with the Russian editions of his books, Bradbury generally hasn't been paid for any of these films.
It's true. Such a things were common in USSR. I think making this version of Dandelion Wine (1997) is legal yet.

Dandelion, I'm still waiting for a letter from you.

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, i've just found it on the Nard's site. It's really so Smiler

posted Hide Post
Pavel, yes, a message is on its way to you and also Donn Albright, who should be kept informed of any possible addition to his collection! Thanks for the credit to me! I never knew about it till I viewed your website!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Donn Albright has confirmed Ray hasn't been paid for any of the Russian works, either books or films.

posted Hide Post
Do you have information if he is paid NOW? For the last year or two one Russian publisher (very large and respectable) owns the rights for his works. I think they have to pay, I can't imagine they don't.

posted Hide Post
Sam Peckenpah wanted to do Bradbury? After I saw the last fifteen minutes of 'The Wild Bunch (Director's Cut)' I can hardly believe it.
One thing about ol' Sam...he sure knew how to choreograph the violence. The only real mystery in his career was how the heck he ever talked Dustin Hoffman into doing 'Straw Dogs.' (If you know this film, you are now allowed to get sick into the garbage can by your desk)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, and Bradbury was keen on that collaboration! It does seem an unlikely pairing, but I can imagination it working better than the eventual collaboration with Jack Clayton.

- Phil