Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Appearance

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Appearance
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings Everyone,

Ray will be signing his new book tomorrow, 8/9, at the Mystery and Imagination Bookshop, 238 N. Brand Blvd., Glendale, noon. (818)
545-0121.

I'll be there with him. It should be a whole lot of fun.

Posts: 48 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam:

Wish I could be there. Ray is great! And I'd love to meet you.

I've already pre-ordered a signed copy from them, and am already marking the crap up the text and margins in my own copy.

Give Ray our love for us!

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Sam... Busy guy... both Ray and yourself...

Have a great time !!

Hope to be there sometime in the next 3-4 weeks thereabouts. Maybe catch you there in LA...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be there and look forward to meeting you, Sam, and seeing Ray again.
P.S. you must purchase your book from the store, it seems. I just received a previously ordered copy of the new book. I will bring it along just in case I can have it signed along the the one I intend to purchase there.

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to meeting you "Patrask!"

Posts: 48 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In case you will be in the Los Angeles area next weekend and missed Ray's signing on August 9, he will be doing another signing of his new collection, BRADBURY STORIES, at The Mystery Bookstore on Saturday, August 16, from 12 noon until 2:00 p.m. The store is located at 1036-C Broxton Avenue in Los Angeles. The store's phone numbers are (310) 209-0415 and (800) 821-9017. For more information, click on the following link:
http://www.mystery-bookstore.com/blog/archives/000316.html

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard:
Perhaps it's well that 'they' are not carting Ray off to some far away land.... But keeping him in his neighborhood. Knowing Ray, tho, he goes where he wills, however....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So how did the signings go? Did Ray make it? Is he looking fit and healthy? Can someone who was there give us an update?

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Ray was there and signing away. I was fortunate enough to also meet Sam Weller in the flesh at the signing, as he was escourting Ray. I was also lucky to have brought along the copy of the 100 stories that had arrived the day before on my doorstep from Amazon, and they allowed me to have Ray sign that copy as well, (I purchased a copy from the store to keep it all legal). Ray was looking fine and was accompanied by the actress who is to play the Dust Witch in the upcoming performance of Something Wicked This Way Comes in October.

Then began the reading of the 100 stories, some so familiar and others not. Glad to have them all in one book alongside the former Stories of Ray Bradbury volume on my self. Then off to a children's bookstore in Montross/Glendale to buy some things for my wife's kindergarten class, starting up again soon, then on the Griffith Observatory's star party for Mars, where I set up my new telescope among many others and had a great evening letting people look through it to see the Red Planet so important to Ray. I hope they name the first settlement on Mars Bradbury City in honor of the man who made us all look upward and wonder.

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. Great to hear he's doing well. He should be in good health to enjoy his birthday. Sounds like you had a great trip!

I also vote for a "Bradbury City" on Mars.

posted Hide Post
I too appreciate the update. Since I live far from California (Illinois) and Ray isn't getting around as much any more, I'll have to live vicariously through the experiences of others lucky enough to live or vacation out there. I've already had two vacations this summer, so maybe next summer.....

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New here. Not sure this is a reply. Did anyone here a noon show on public radio. Maybe it was a rebroadcast. I thought it was the Press Club at noon. Does anyone know where to hear it? I missed about twenty minutes of it. (It was yesterday, August 27 on public radio. Thanks. I want to hear the whole thing

Posts: 1 | Location: Mpls MN USA | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post